It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2012, 12:30 AM   #1
(female)

Impie HB User
Bacne taking over my life?!

I'm a 17 year old girl going on 18 soon and have had acne for over a year probably two, I'm constantly paranoid over it, it's ALWAYS on my mind I get it on my shoulders and 1/4 way down my arms too, it's quite bad on my face also. Being a female I can't wear the clothes I love which admittedly is important to me, on hot days I can't wear a singlet or a tank top or anything without sleeves! I can't go to the coast with my friends or the pool and have to make up an excuse to not go, I'd love to go to the beach, the pool, wear cute tanks but I just can't. I'm so self conscious over it! I wont go out on dates with guys because I don't want them to discover my Bacne and be disgusted. I used to like my body Ive always been unhappy with my face but my body was the one thing I could be confident about and now that's ruined too. I've tried ALOT! Home remedies, creams, zinc tablets, vitamin e, akamin 50, the pill ect I was considering trying roaccutane (not sure how to spell it) but does it actually work? I need a method to get rid of mild to severe acne scars too, I don't mind how expensive the procedures or products are, I'm willing to try anything and spend anything, so does anyone have any success stories!?
Thankyou.

Last edited by Impie; 11-20-2012 at 12:35 AM.

Old 11-20-2012, 12:04 PM   #2
(female)

mmisty HB Usermmisty HB Usermmisty HB Usermmisty HB Usermmisty HB Usermmisty HB User
Re: Bacne taking over my life?!

Hi Impie, sound like acne has taken over your life!! I recommend that you see a dermatologist (they specialize in acne care). At home try benzoyl peroxide wash and or salicylic acid wash. Both are over the counter. Another good treatment is applying egg yoke to acne areas for about 30 minutes daily. Then wash off. My son does this when he has a break out and it works!
Wash gently, dont scrub. Good luck.

The Following User Says Thank You to mmisty For This Useful Post:
Impie (11-20-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-21-2012, 08:41 AM   #3
(male)

Stoler99 HB UserStoler99 HB User
Re: Bacne taking over my life?!

Impie, I would first recommend an antibiotic for your Bacne.
I would recommend going to the Derm and asking for either clindamycin or Doxycycline.
Either one of those Antibiotics did wonders for getting rid of my face and body acne.
I would recommend 150MG or 300MG of clindamycin if you get that.
If you get Doxcycline, i would ask for 100MG.
I also use the neutrogena clear body scrub which has 2% salicylic acid.
Thats the best body wash i'v tried for body acne.
But to really clear the bacne, get either clindamycin or Doxcycline from your derm.

Closed Thread

Tags
acne cure, bacne