It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2013, 01:14 PM   #1
(female)

jayjayperti HB User
I've been on accutane for more then 6 months and I am still breaking out

Patience they say is a virtue. And I understand completely that acne doesn't go away over night when taking a medicine, let alone accutane where the dosages last months on end and it " doesnt really absorb into your body until 3 months of starting the first dosage" at least that's all I keep hearing.

I have been on accutane since about June of 2012. And I am still on it. I wasn't getting the results I wanted because I realized my doctor was an absolutely no experience with accutane patients And barley had an idea as to how accutane really works. So 6 months passed and I finally switched doctors.

Note to those wanting to go on accutane: MAKE SURE your doctor has a lot of knowledge and experience with accutane dosages and treating patients.

I have taken about 4600 mgs of accutane over the last 6 months ranging from 20mg, 20 mg, 30 mg, 30mg,40mgs and now 60mgs each being a 30 day script. I am 5'4 and weight 122lbs

I finally switched to a great doctor and he said to me I have been given to low of a dose so from 30 mg I jumped right to 60mg and that's when the drastic change started to happen.

6 months on accutane and not getting the results you hoped and dreamed for can really make everyday living a lot worse for any accutane user.

But now I have eczema flair ups all over both my hands and around my mouth ( and when the stress and anxiety from not getting the results i wanted make my flair ups happen more and more)
I still get black and white heads and I have this one cystic pimple that was injected (while on accutane) a month ago and had recently flared up even bigger then it was to begin with.

My question Are

Should I give up hope that accutane will ever work?
And how much longer can my body handle this medicine.
Are there any tricks of the trade that I don't know of?
Did anyone else have a alter-reaction to a kenalog shot on accutane?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-25-2013, 06:29 AM   #2
(female)

Kemplin HB User
Re: I've been on accutane for more then 6 months and I am still breaking out

You can actually take it for a while. I have been on it 3 different times and the last course I took it for about 8 months. Once you get clear then you will want to stay on it for at least another month to prevent relapse.

Closed Thread