It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2013, 10:28 AM   #1
(female)

heatherm14 HB User
Talking Using oils to prevent acne

I have tried EVERYTHING.... clear skin diets, ovc cleansers including murad and proactive, dermatologist prescribed creams and pills and even home remedies such as seal salt and honey. My last resort was accutane, My mom would not let me on it though because of the side effects. Recently I came in contact with another person on a message board that informed me of oils. So far it is working and I highly recommend acne sufferers to try this. I have had acne since I was 13 and am now 25.
I mix castor oil with a little evoo and a dab of tea tree oil. (I also sometimes add pure sunflower oil) I know that you are probably thinking castor oil is gross and I agree that it is, but sometimes you are willing to try anything for a change. Also My skin is more dry than oily and even after using this regime my skin is not overly oily. Anyways I rub the oils on my face for about a minute. I then soak a towel in hot water, strain, then lay on my face. The steam lifts the dirt. I keep the towel on until it has reached room temperature. Repeat the towel in hot water and lay it back on face one last time. I then wipe off the remaining oil with a towel, do not pat dry. I only do this before bed. When I wake up I splash a little water on my face and dry. Then use a witch hazel toner every time before applying makeup or any other cream. You MUST drink your daily intake of water for this to work. I went one weekend without drinking any water and I immediately started breaking out. Also, the two weeks will be the worse since your skin is purging bacteria. I know this may sound like a joke but believe me, you have to TRY it. It may not work for everyone but what do you have to lose?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2013, 11:07 AM   #2
(female)

Yattycathy HB User
Re: Using oils to prevent acne

I tried this and at first my skin was beautiful and I thought I found the solution.... Then after a few weeks, I had hundreds/thousands of little whiteheads all over my face. This was definitely the worse outbreak of whiteheads I have ever had and it took retin-a to make them go away.

Now I'm on accutane. Sucks, but whatever.

Good luck. I hope you don't get all the whiteheads!!!

Closed Thread

Tags
acne cure, clear skin, face, face acne, skin care