It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2013, 05:49 PM   #1
(female)

requiemma HB User
Question My favorite cleanser discontinued! Plexion/Prascion

I was diagnosed with acne in 6th grade... super miserable. Tried everything except shots, nothing worked. Benzyl P. is too strong and at the same time didn't work, everything else seemed to give me more bumps than I had previously. Then, quite a few years ago I started using Plexion and it worked awesome, I actually had clear skin. A month ago my pharmacist informed me that it's been discontinued and told me to get panoxyl cleanser.... it has torn my skin up...
Does anyone have a similar experience or product to recommend??? I feel desperate at 25, it's like being that spotted kid in the classroom again

Old 02-08-2013, 12:08 PM   #2
(male)

ember321 HB User
Re: My favorite cleanser discontinued! Plexion/Prascion

Quote:
Originally Posted by requiemma View Post
I was diagnosed with acne in 6th grade... super miserable. Tried everything except shots, nothing worked. Benzyl P. is too strong and at the same time didn't work, everything else seemed to give me more bumps than I had previously. Then, quite a few years ago I started using Plexion and it worked awesome, I actually had clear skin. A month ago my pharmacist informed me that it's been discontinued and told me to get panoxyl cleanser.... it has torn my skin up...
Does anyone have a similar experience or product to recommend??? I feel desperate at 25, it's like being that spotted kid in the classroom again
I feel your pain, I have been using this incredible cream called "Prascion RA" which has completely cleared my blotchy skin. Sometime last year it was discontiued and I panicked. My dermatologist writes me "claron or Sodium Sulfacetamide 10%" which is the same formula. However, its no longer a cream its a liquid which does not work very well. I am still using what ever is left but its becoming an issue because no pharmacy carries it anymore because the maker of "Prascion RA" has discontinued it.. My face has EXPLODED and acne has made a severe resurgance... i hope another manufacturer steps up soon! They still make a generic of Sulfacetamide, the problem is its missing the sulfur and its not a very good liquid to apply. They also still have generics for the face wash, but I really liked the Prascion cream and wash better. I use Duac for stubborn bumps but Duac is incredibly expensive... The "Sulfacetamide is made by E. FOUGERA & Co, which is the CLOSEST match to Prascion RA and the Pledgets they used to make... This is really damaging my already red skin... I totally understand your anger and every pharmacist I go to says im not the only one clamoring for this cream.. :/

Last edited by ember321; 02-08-2013 at 12:24 PM. Reason: To assist the other member

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-12-2013, 07:52 AM   #3
(female)

requiemma HB User

It's still a little comforting to know i'm not the only one. Yeah, i'm stuck with this soap right now that is just tearing my face up : (

Old 02-12-2013, 08:09 AM   #4
(male)

ember321 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by requiemma View Post
It's still a little comforting to know i'm not the only one. Yeah, i'm stuck with this soap right now that is just tearing my face up : (
Your not alone believe me that stuff is a wonder drug for my acne.
They still make generic equivalents to the prascion pledgets or wash you just have to ask your doctor for a sodium sulfacetamide wash... Hope that helps!!

Old 02-19-2013, 06:01 PM   #5
(female)

popss HB User

hey guys, just adding my 2 cents. i have had acne for about 10 years on and off and have it under control most of the time now.. but what seems to work wonders for me is applying tee tree oil to my spots and using a 100% french green clay mask weekly

Old 04-03-2013, 08:05 AM   #6
(female)

dermskin HB User

Try SulfaCleanse 8/4 by PruGen. It works great for my daughter who has bad acne on her back. She is 14. This product has been great at managing her breakouts and clearing her skin.

Old 12-05-2013, 08:11 AM   #7
(female)

baq66 HB User

Plexion is a sulfacetamide sodium and sulfur 10/5% solution and there is a generic sulfacetamide sodium and sulfur topical 10/5% available. I just confirmed this with my pharmacist since I need my prescription re-filled. My doctor just writes a prescription that says sulfacetamide sodium/sulfur 10/5% cleanser. It comes in a 340.2 and 170.1 unit bottles.

Closed Thread