It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2013, 10:27 AM   #1
(female)

indianacne HB User
Blue light tx at home?

I have very sensitive skin and acne on my chin only. Pustules, occasional cysts, several small pimples. I am pregnant and using topical clindamycin on this area with poor response. Anyone try those hand held blue light therapies. There are several out on the market that have good reviews but iam not sure. Anyone try any one of these?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-15-2013, 07:29 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: Blue light tx at home?

Hi, I have cystic acne and have had professional blue light treatments...they are expensive, so I invested in a hand held, home device, which cost less than one treatment. It has a great reputation, and the reviews were all good.

Its worthless. I use it nightly, and still have the same acne I had before buying it. I have used it on acne trying to prevent it from coming to a head and kill the bacteria before it ruptures- and it doesnt work. Ive used it faithfully and exactly as directed. They wont take it back because it only came with a 30 day guarantee and I knew it was going to take at least 30 days to start to work..

After 90 days, I know I wasted my money on this...

I went back to the cosmetic dermatologist and went thru IPL blue light laser last week. Several hundred dollars and 2 days of downtime later, my skin is peeling and its alittle raw; however the acne is clearing up nicely and I can see beautiful new skin under neathe. Ive had this done 6 times so far in my life- a series of 5 treatments over a year ago and now this one time "touch up treatment". I plan on doing it once a year if necessary- nothing else works for me.

I hope if you invest in the home machine, youll have a better experience than I did..
N

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread