It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2013, 11:55 PM   #1
(female)

mej1 HB User
Itching and new bumps after cleaning face

For the past six months or so, I have had these pink/red bumps on my face that I believe are pimples. They could be Folliculitis or boils, but I think they're pimples. A few days ago, I had so many that I started using a facial cleanser that is supposed to help get rid of pimples. It seems to be working, until I noticed something tonight.

I cleaned my face like I usually do, and then maybe 10 minutes later this one area started itching for well over 90 minutes. Then I noticed two small bumps developing in this area. What's odd is that this is an area I DID NOT use the facial cleanser on. I'm not sure what this area is called but it's basically the chin or the neck area below the chin.

Does anyone know why it would start itching and developing bumps after I cleaned my face (I'm not allergic to the cleanser)? Note: I did not use the facial cleanser on this particular area. But also, a few of the bumps along my jaw line that I did use the cleanser on also itch. It makes me wonder if these bumps are really pimples. I am in my early 30s and never had acne as a teenager or young adult. I would get a pimple or two maybe three times a year in my 20s, but that's it. Now I have some sort of break out along my jaw line.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-12-2013, 08:05 PM   #2
(female)

debbieusc HB User
Re: Itching and new bumps after cleaning face

Hey, it sounds like you might be allergic to something or have extremely sensitive skin just like me. It took me a few years to finally find a facial cleanser that works but gosh darnit I FOUND IT. You should give it a try!

It's Johnson&Johnson Purpose Facial Cleanser. It's made for sensitive skin and it says on the bottle "gentle as water". You can find it at Walgreens or order it online. Hope I helped

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-13-2013, 11:52 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: Itching and new bumps after cleaning face

It actually does sound like Folliculitis. You should make an appointment with a derm to check it out for sure, but the description fits. No amount of cleanser is going to help get rid of this- its clogged pores, which arent the same as pimples, and needs prescription strength medicine to relieve the itching and blockage; otherewise its just going to keep coming back.

Check with a derm- it wil be worth it to be sure.

Closed Thread