It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2013, 09:15 PM   #1
(female)

carmensuzanne HB User
Question Can i use any oil on my acne prone sensitive skin?

I suffered from acne as a teenager and still have it mildly, which led me to start using only oil free products on my face; this seems to cut down the acne dramatically. (i have very sensitive skin btw)

The problem now is twofold; for one, my skin is very, very dry in some areas and two, i would like to make my own natural lotion instead of using storebought stuff with who-knows-what in it. Most of these natural lotion recipes call for some sort of oil But every time i use oil on my face, WITHOUT FAIL, i break out terribly. I know the whole thing about your skin needing adjustment time til it gets used to the oil yadayada... But i dont wanna try a bunch of oils HOPING my skin will adjust, and end up with ruined skin after months of experimenting with different oils. Im a makeup artist and cant go around with horrible acne all the time because im testing all these oils out.

So im wondering, is there ANY kind of oil that ppl like me can use on their skin that ABSOLUTELY WONT make me break out? Any doctors' opinions would be appreciated. And does the fineness of the oil matter, like does it have to be 'medical grade oil' or something? I appreciate any knowledgeable answers

Old 03-12-2013, 07:08 PM   #2
(female)

debbieusc HB User
Re: Can i use any oil on my acne prone sensitive skin?

I recently ordered this stuff called MSM cream off of E-BAY it's an all natural organic cream that you put on your face and you can use it as a moisturizer. I haven't tried it yet, but I've reading amazing stuff about it! Type MSM into Google and read all about it. It sounds like a miracle cream/supplement to me. I can't wait to try it

Last edited by debbieusc; 03-12-2013 at 07:09 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-13-2013, 10:42 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: Can i use any oil on my acne prone sensitive skin?

I have found that cleansing oils- the ones which are made to remove makeup also get rid of the dry patches and help keep my extra oily skin from breaking out; however, I dont like most of the drug store brands

I started using a line called DHC (which you can look up online) a few years ago, they have a really great olive oil line, with cleansing oil and a post cleansing, moisturizing oil- which dont break me out. They are hyperallergenic, and non comedegenic- they do not break me out.

Reply Reply

Tags
acne, dry facial skin, skin