It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2013, 11:50 AM   #1
(male)

drewlizard HB User
Manuka vs Raw Honey vs Pure Honey for Acne?

Can someone tell me which honey is best for acne? Also, does it work based on your experience?

I have pure honey at home that i used to use with aspirin and i use to do aspirn masks. This was when my acne was mild and close to moderate.

The last few months i have been very depressed. I have acne again and male 26. I have cystic acne on my face in certain spots on my face.

I used to have a remedy for this which was a glycolic acid cleanser that worked for pimples and helped with red marks. Now it doesn't work at all and everyday its getting worst and worst.

I read about other stuff like tea tree oil etc but i read that is waste of time. I been using a basic gentle purpose cleanser and its not helping at all. I quit the glycolic acid cleanser b/c it doesnt work no more.

Can someone who use honey tell me which one they use? I dont care about the price at all or whatnot. Do i go with manuka or raw honey?

Should i use it as a cleanser or put it on few few hours at night and then wash it off?

Does it work for cystic acne? How long would it take to see results?

Is it more for acne or red marks/hyperpigmenation?

And is it best to use manuka honey that is umf 16?

I'm really losing my mind right now. I never thought i would have to go through this acne again and its taking over my life. I'm basically staying at home every single day b/c of this.

Last edited by Administrator; 05-04-2013 at 12:07 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-05-2013, 09:20 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: Manuka vs Raw Honey vs Pure Honey for Acne?

Drewlizard,
Honey is not going to work for cystic acne. Cystic acne is under the skin, caused by pores which have trapped bacteria inside them....only antibiotics OR lasering the skin will get deep enough to dry out the bacteria.

Topical treatments, from honey to salycylic acid to benzoil peroxide dry up what is on the surface- but do not penetrate the skin deep enough to get to cystic acne.

as a former sufferer, I can tell you that once I invested in the laser- and it took 4 months and about 1500$- I never suffered again. This was 4 years ago. I went back one time, about 2 years ago, spent another 500$ for a "touch up" and have been cyst clear since then.

The other thing you can do is go to a derm and have them inject the cysts - its done with a needle- it does hurt, but within 24 hours, the cysts go down and the medicine works....problem with this is, its a quick fix, but not likely to stop the next one from appearing a few days later. I keep a standing appointment with my derm so that if "something" is brewing each month, she zaps it (injects it) before it shows up.....I have to say though, since the laser treatments, my skin has been 90% clear= and for me, thats huge.

Old 05-05-2013, 11:25 PM   #3
(male)

drewlizard HB User

Hi. Well the pimples i have are big and painful. Are those considered cystic acne? Im very confused at that word. Is cystic acne and cyst the same thing or different?

I see videos on youtubes of actual ppl who said they do honey masks and say it helps with acne and many say they do raw or manuka mask and put it on for 20 min a day and skin gets better....

Old 05-05-2013, 11:28 PM   #4
(male)

drewlizard HB User

Hi. Well the pimples i have are big and painful. Are those considered cystic acne? Im very confused at that word. Is cystic acne and cyst the same thing or different?

I see videos on youtubes of actual ppl who said they do honey masks and say it helps with acne and many say they do raw or manuka mask and put it on for 20 min a day and skin gets better....

Closed Thread