It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2013, 11:41 AM   #1
(male)

audioecstasy HB User
Unhappy Adult Acne Issues?

As a youth I never really had "acne", although I did suffer from zits now and again. I went through years where I didn't really use 'products' for my skin (I'm a male...) though I do have great hygiene. I didn't really have any issues at all.

I'm 27 now and I've become much more skin-conscious. I wash my face with a gentle acne cleanser in the morning and at night, use an SPF moisturizer during the day (anytime I'm in UV rays). I have a good diet, don't really consume sugar, etc.

Though my skin-care regimen has never been better, MY ACNE HAS NEVER BEEN WORSE. Not just little blemishes, HUGE discolored zits that are painful and leave permanent red marks. They're now constant and all over my face.

I'm getting very frustrated. I tried the Clean and Clear on the spot treatment and I've tried to just let them run their course and it always leads to scarring and more breakouts.

I'm now trying the Clinique Dark Spot Corrector for men and while it seems to be doing what it does my acne problem remains unchanged.

I have no insurance and would really like this to stop. I'm a professional musician so I'm always in the spotlight (literally), and to top it off I work for a cosmetics company that focuses on skin care products!

PLEASE HELP!

Old 07-13-2013, 03:17 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: Adult Acne Issues?

audioesctasy,
Hi. It sounds like your problem is caused by bacteria....either you are wearing makeup under hot stage lights, or you are working for a cosmetic company and possibly touching your face and others? Whatever the situation is, in the case you are describing, you need internal help...as in antibiotics.

I realize you dont have insurance, but you might have to pay for this one.A quick visit to a doctor in order to get a prescription of minocin or one of the tetracycline drugs, will start to help you elminate from the inside out the bacteria which is causing you to break out.

Skin care routines are great; however, sometimes its a matter of getting the acne under control before the skin care routine will provide the maintenance needed.
good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-23-2013, 09:43 AM   #3
(male)

audioecstasy HB User

I don't wear any makeup on stage b/c I'll sweat it off immediately, haha. I'm very conscious of washing my hands and never touching my face.

Yesterday I looked at all the products I use for my face and they're all non-comedogenic.

Considering it's been a constant stream of breakouts, and almost a year since I've had a clear face maybe it is time to throw in the towel and see a doctor.

I've tried some of the natural stuff, like the toothpaste thing but I'm willing to try any natural or over-the-counter remedy before having to shell out $300 to see a doctor for 5 minutes.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Old 07-23-2013, 06:33 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

This is obviously internal, and the only solution is going to be antibiotics until you clear it up. A dose of minocycline will help you substantially.....non-comedogenic means that it doesnt clog pores- but it doesnt mean that you arent going to break out...when the body builds up bacteria, it shows up as you are describing...using a "natural' remedy like toothpaste will do nothing other than possibly dry up an existing blemish, it wont get rid of it and the acne and bacteria are still there.
Have you tried using strong acne medication like salycilic acid? Benzoil peroxide tends to break alot of people out...but salacyclic acid, which is in many acne products, tends to help.....look for them in products and give them a try..
Otherwise, a doctor, or maybe both, are probably in order.

good luck!

Old 08-07-2013, 08:46 AM   #5
(female)

LondonTownGirl HB User

Hi,
Have you thought about trying a course of UV light treatments. It is very effective and you should see a good improvement almost straight away.
kind regards,
cheryl

Old 08-07-2013, 08:48 PM   #6
(female)

mmisty HB Usermmisty HB Usermmisty HB Usermmisty HB Usermmisty HB Usermmisty HB User

Hi, the red marks are not permanent! Wash with cool water and rinse with cool water. A good treatment is eggs yolks on face for 30 minutes daily then wash off. Worked great for my son's.

Old 08-07-2013, 11:54 PM   #7
(male)

menacer HB User

Acne is more likely in teens but this does not mean that adults don't suffer as well. The products you are using are good however I would search the market for some good home made remedies or if you have the money then there are some great products out there, just search and don't get scammed!!

Closed Thread