It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2013, 05:56 PM   #1
(male)

drewlizard HB User
Anyone Had Acne Surgery Extraction Done Before?

Went to a dermatologist and was told my face had enough acne where doing acne surgery was a recommendation. I didn't want to do this because i was told its extractions and i had something similarly done many years ago at those skincare places and not a dermatologist and my face had holes and loolked horrible after the extractions.

My question are is acne surgery the same thing as extractions? When acne surgery was mentioned, that scared me a bit but i was told it is extractions. Don't extractions make your face look really broken out right after it and for a good bit of time?

I had a few cortisone injections though but not the extractions. Is extractions basically plucking every pimple you have on your face? What about red/brown marks? Because isn't cortisone injections similar to extractions then since it pops a cystic pimple? Im confused about what is acne surgery... extractions.

Old 07-13-2013, 03:25 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: Anyone Had Acne Surgery Extraction Done Before?

Cortisone is actually putting medicine inside the pores- via a needle- which does help shrink the pore and dry up the cyst...its basically the only way to dry up a cyst and not have it come back....but, for really big cysts, it can take more than one injection.
Extractions are the opposite- extractions, or acne surgery are done by getting under the pimple, with a needle and pushing OUT the puss and bacteria. I would NEVER let anyone do this who wasnt a medical doctor, or you are risking being scarred...a medical doctor knows how to get under the pimple, not just "on" it and push out whats inside.
Yes, you will be sore if you have the surgery- all surgeries leave you sore- but if you let the doctor do it, stay on antibiotics for a few weeks and use topic antibiotic cream like duo- youlll see results.
good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2013, 06:27 PM   #3
(male)

drewlizard HB User

Yes i know to not let an aesthesian do it but let a medical doctor do it. But is this acne surgery going to make the face look better? The thing that worried me was after all the extractions are done... wouldn't the face look really bad? And if so, it would look like that for a good bit of time?

Old 07-14-2013, 08:17 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

It will look bad. Sore and red for about 3 days...during that time, you should keep it really clean, use the antibiotics and epiduo at night- but keep your hands OFF your face. Like any other surgery, you need to keep it immaculately clean.

It will start to heal. If you are a picker, or a squeezer, youre going to have to break yourself of that habit....because youll un-do all the good your doctor will do for you. If they get all the bad stuff out via surgery, you certainly dont want to squeeze other bad stuff into newly cleansed pores.

Closed Thread