It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2013, 12:47 PM   #1
(female)

kimberly09 HB User
Finacea for perioral derm -- worse before better?

Hi, I know it's expected for acne to get worse before better when using Finacea, but what about perioral dermatitis?

I've been using Finacea for a couple days (along with CeraVe pm lotion) and it has absolutely erupted. Can anyone please let me know if this is a normal reaction, or should I nix this? Thanks so much... I've been dealing with POD for several months now and had really hoped this would help me get rid of it!

Old 07-19-2013, 05:54 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: Finacea for perioral derm -- worse before better?

Hi. Finacea is actually used for rosacea...but probably will help perioral dermatitis...however it may be the CeraVae you are using which is making it worse..
Ceravae is loaded with petroleum and other pore clogging oils.

Try switching to a completely oil free mositurizer at night and see if that doesnt help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-19-2013, 06:33 AM   #3
(female)

kimberly09 HB User
Re: Finacea for perioral derm -- worse before better?

Thank you for the reply, MSNick! I've been using Finacea in the am and CeraVe in the pm, and notice that when I wake up, my face seems (relatively) calm. It's once I apply the Finacea in the morning that my face begins to get more red and bumpy... which I was attributing to the Finacea. Once I get home and re-apply CeraVe, my face calms back down.

Has anyone had this happen? I am unclear on if an initial outbreak is normal for POD, as it is with use of Finacea for acne. If so, I guess I'll stick with it... :/

Closed Thread