It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2001, 01:26 PM   #1
Inactive

cutenbrat HB User
Post ARDS

I am an ARDS surivor and don't have Fibromyalgia, but I talk to other surivors and I know one for sure who does and we are wondering if there is a connection so I am wondering if anyone else here is an ARDS surivor. Thank you and God Bless.

Old 05-22-2001, 11:48 PM   #2

gracieathome HB User
Please tell us what the heck you are talking about.
ARDS?????

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2001, 12:08 PM   #3

lj-111 HB User
I'm with Gracie... What in the world is ARDS.. I am a medical transcriptionist and even this one is stumping me.. I think it is a deficiency of the Auto-Immune.. or something.

Let us know...

Lisa

Old 05-30-2001, 11:15 AM   #4
Inactive

cutenbrat HB User
Acute/adult resptiroy distress syndrome is ARDS.
God Bless

Old 06-08-2001, 12:21 PM   #5

Caring HB User
Lightbulb

Yes,
I read about a study of patients with chemical sensitivities (many people who have chemical sensitivities also have what's referred to as Reactive Airway Dysfunction Syndrome)which sometimes is grouped with Multiple Chemical Sensitivity Disorder, though it is somewhat different. There is testing which can be done to determine if you have RADS, it's a methacholine challenge.
According to the study, almost half of the women who had chemical sensitivity disorders also had Fibromyalgia. Also, there are studies which say that people who have an acute chemical exposure, or chronic exposures to chemical irritants (pesticides, cleaning chemicals, industrial manufacturing, etc.) can develop respiratory problems. Another study found that one of the causes of Fibromyalgia may be acute or chronic chemical exposure, particularly to pesticides, herbicides, toxic chemicals etc. (even one exposure.)
This suggests that these two conditions may relate to each other.
RADS is acquired from harsh chemical exposure that has done damage to the airways--resulting in your airways closing up when you breathe normal things that do not affect the general public, because your airways have been sensitized.
How do I know about this, because I have RADS and have been doing research on the subject. Also I have symptoms that fit Fibromyalgia exactly, along with other problems, though I have not yet been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia.
Was she by any chance in an accident involving airbags? That's where my breathing trouble and other problems started, after breathing a large amount of the deployed airbag contents.
Hope you see this post and let me know how you and your friend are doing.
Sincerely,
Caring

Old 06-12-2001, 01:30 PM   #6
Inactive

cutenbrat HB User
The only thing is I'm talking about ARDS not RADS-it's two different things-thanks for answering though!!
God Bless.

Old 07-10-2001, 11:51 AM   #7
Inactive

cutenbrat HB User
Well maybe this isn't realted but just in case I wanted to post it once more.
God Bless.
May I ask what fibromyalgia is like; I would like to know more about it for I know a couple of people with it.

Old 07-10-2001, 03:28 PM   #8

annieokie HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by cutenbrat:
May I ask what fibromyalgia is like; I would like to know more about it for I know a couple of people with it.
That's quite a question! It would take all day to explain it all. I would suggest checking out [url="http://www.FMNETNEWS.com."]www.FMNETNEWS.com.[/url] Out of the hundreds of sites I've looked at, that's the best site I've seen. Thanks for your interest. It's great having people without this Monster interested in knowing the facts! It gives us hope knowing "other" people care! God bless you.
Annie

Old 08-30-2001, 09:32 AM   #9
Inactive

cutenbrat HB User
Thanks Annie-I appreicate it.

Closed Thread