It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2001, 07:24 AM   #1

bigstem HB User
X-rays....How much is too much?

Does anyone have any info on the side effects of too many x-rays? I am 32 years old and have been x-rayed approx. 30 times give or take. Is this considered alot or should I not worry about it.

Old 02-17-2001, 05:37 PM   #2

Robert2 HB User
Re: X-rays....How much is too much?

Don't worry about it. It's not that many.In the early twenieth century, it might have been a problem because the machines put out a lot of radiation. Today's X-ray machines are much better.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-05-2001, 02:11 PM   #3
Inactive

cutenbrat HB User

I have had a lot more in the last year for in the hosptial and needed them almost daily for things-I wish I knew the results also-can't they be cancerious-I mean the people move from the room for a reason.
God Bless.

Old 03-05-2001, 04:20 PM   #4

dann47 HB User

x rays are indeed cancerous, but it takes a very high dose to manipulate an destroy cells in your body and turn them cancerous. if you think about why the people leave the room, they do that kind of work all day, everyday so they are going to achive a much higher daily dose of x ray, but it takes a lot to harm u

Old 03-05-2001, 05:42 PM   #5

ruddfan HB User

That is very true dann47. It does take a lot of x-rays to have any effect on your body. The radiologists leave the room because they are exposed to it everyday, multiple times a day. I wouldn't worry about it.

Old 03-06-2001, 05:01 PM   #6

sonomarosa HB User

X-rays can put out a certain amount of radiation, but I don't think it's that much. As far as how many are too many, it would depend on what the xrays are for. In some cases, that might be extreme, but in others, it might be normal. Only your doctor can really tell you for sure. Good luck!

Old 03-07-2001, 11:28 AM   #7
Inactive

cutenbrat HB User

I was in the hosptial for about 3 months and had chest x-rays, cat scans and other things done all the time-I had the x-rays almost daily though-I had what is called ARDS-it was the x-ray's that helped save me though also for they could see how my lungs were doing and how much fluid was there and the holes.
God Bless.

Closed Thread