It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2003, 10:02 AM   #1
(female)

biloxibelle HB User
Question Headaches & Concerta

I just started Concerta yesterday & have a headache today. My trist said if I got a bad headache to stop taking it & that I didn't have ADD. But I didn't have any other side effects & I suffer from headaches. Don't know what to do. I have all the symptoms of ADD & I am now 47 years old.

Old 12-10-2003, 10:24 AM   #2
(male)

html HB User
Re: Headaches & Concerta

I'd probably call my md if the meds gave me an excruciating headache. Nagging headaches are not uncommon, though, the first couple of days of treatment and don't usually last much beyond that. They neither confirm nor negate the ADHD diagnosis.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-10-2003, 11:40 AM   #3

*born~free* HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by biloxibelle
I just started Concerta yesterday & have a headache today. My trist said if I got a bad headache to stop taking it & that I didn't have ADD. But I didn't have any other side effects & I suffer from headaches. Don't know what to do. I have all the symptoms of ADD & I am now 47 years old.
html is right, headaches, as a side effect in no way mean that you don't have ADD. That is disturbing that the doctor even said this. Its my guess that your doc doesnt know much about ADD. If you can, find a new doc ASAP.

Old 12-10-2003, 08:33 PM   #4
(female)

biloxibelle HB User
Red face Re: Headaches & Concerta

Quote:
Originally Posted by html
I'd probably call my md if the meds gave me an excruciating headache. Nagging headaches are not uncommon, though, the first couple of days of treatment and don't usually last much beyond that. They neither confirm nor negate the ADHD diagnosis.

Hi Html
The headache is no worse than the normal ones I get. I'm not agitated or extremely nervous which he also said if I get that way I'm not add. I have meds for the headaches but it's new too so I didn't want to take two new meds at the same time. I'll prob take something tonight as the Concerta has worn off by now.
Thank you for your reply. I didn't understand him either when I read the side effects it was the same thing he told me if I had meant I wasn't add. I'm the one that suggested taking meds for this as I saw the ad for Stratera & wanted to try that. I have known for quite a while I was ADD just by the symptoms. We didn't call it that when I was young tho I was just considered a nervous child. But as I get older I am getting worse so thot I'd ask my trist if I could try it to see if it would help me keep my mind straight & calm. He said that was fine with him. I also suffer from anxiety & he did warn me I might get more anxious on this med. He didn't want to try me out on Stratera 1st cause it is slow acting & may take up to 4 weeks to work. He said for me to take the Concerta cause I would know within the 1st 2 days if it would work for me or not. I am more focused today & have accomplished quit a bit without burning up supper.
Hugs
Biloxibelle

Old 12-10-2003, 08:36 PM   #5
(female)

biloxibelle HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by *born~free*
html is right, headaches, as a side effect in no way mean that you don't have ADD. That is disturbing that the doctor even said this. Its my guess that your doc doesnt know much about ADD. If you can, find a new doc ASAP.
Hi born free
Thank you for your post. Well he should be good about ADD as he is a trist & sees children. He said I'd know if it would help me or make me worse in the 1st 2 days & so far so good except for the headache.
Hugs
Biloxibelle

Old 12-10-2003, 08:39 PM   #6
Senior Veteran

* Free ~ Spirit * HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by biloxibelle
Hi born free
Thank you for your post. Well he should be good about ADD as he is a trist & sees children. He said I'd know if it would help me or make me worse in the 1st 2 days & so far so good except for the headache.
Hugs
Biloxibelle
It can make you anxious as well, even if you are ADD. Just because he sees and treats patiants with ADD does not mean he is knowledgeable and compintant!!! Doctors who use medication or side effects of medication to determine whether or not you have ADD are no good! Please think about seeing someone else.

Old 12-11-2003, 07:40 AM   #7
(female)

biloxibelle HB User

Hi Free*Spirit
I will ask my GP about it when I go back to see him. So far I ok so I will continue taking the med. Or I may call my trist just to find out what he thinks & ask him myself. That would probably be a better idea.
Hugs
Biloxi

Closed Thread