It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2004, 01:28 PM   #1

skargie420 HB User
Red face Adderol with out my parents permission

Hello my name is Margie and i have been 2 a therapist recently and she said that i have a very high profile of adhd but still i have 2 wait untill my next appointment to c whitch medacation i need. I am a freshman in high school and its really hard for me to concentrate im always spacing out and im eaisly distracted! i also get board really eaisly . if im feeling nervous( which is always for sum reason ) i need to keep myself occupied. such as chweing gum or walking around. i cant sit in one place 4 too long with out having somethin 2 do. In math my teach explains the lesson we are on. i try 2 stay focaused but then i forget that i am trying and i start figeting witnh something and looking at the clock ever 5 min and i have no idea whats goin on. all i want 2 do is get out of class! i have a friend who has adhd and he taked adderol and hes givin it 2 me a couple of times and it works great im askin questions in class doing all my work i can pay attention! i feel happy and not worried about time im nicer and i want 2 help people! its a great feeling. the last time i took it it was about a moth ago and i took 30mg for about a week. with out my parents noing. but wen i stoped i just coodent pay attention nemore. so my grades were affected. well i ahve a quiz tomarra in math and this morning i was just soooo sleepy i new that i needed to go 2 skool and try 2 pay attention ecpeccialy in math becaus eof the quiz ( i have an f by the way) so i asked him 4 a pill i took it and i felt great and focoused! i did all my work and i was just happy again! sud i bring this up 2 my parents?? i thik i shud but im not sure

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-07-2004, 01:44 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

* Free ~ Spirit * HB User
Re: Adderol with out my parents permission

ADHD is very easily misdiagnosed. Just because you responded well to the medication doesnt mean its a good idea to start taking it.

How long have you had these sort of symptoms that you mentioned?
Has it been for your whole life?

You mention that you are always feeling nervous... anxiety can cause ADHD symptoms, but the meds for ADHD can after a while make anxiety worse.

At such a young age you definantly need your parents to support and help you out with whatever issues you are dealing with. Whether it is ADHD or a similar problem. Is there a reason that you dont want your parents to know?

Old 01-08-2004, 05:13 AM   #3

jenakins HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by skargie420
Hello my name is Margie and i have been 2 a therapist recently and she said that i have a very high profile of adhd but still i have 2 wait untill my next appointment to c whitch medacation i need. I am a freshman in high school and its really hard for me to concentrate im always spacing out and im eaisly distracted! i also get board really eaisly . if im feeling nervous( which is always for sum reason ) i need to keep myself occupied. such as chweing gum or walking around. i cant sit in one place 4 too long with out having somethin 2 do. In math my teach explains the lesson we are on. i try 2 stay focaused but then i forget that i am trying and i start figeting witnh something and looking at the clock ever 5 min and i have no idea whats goin on. all i want 2 do is get out of class! i have a friend who has adhd and he taked adderol and hes givin it 2 me a couple of times and it works great im askin questions in class doing all my work i can pay attention! i feel happy and not worried about time im nicer and i want 2 help people! its a great feeling. the last time i took it it was about a moth ago and i took 30mg for about a week. with out my parents noing. but wen i stoped i just coodent pay attention nemore. so my grades were affected. well i ahve a quiz tomarra in math and this morning i was just soooo sleepy i new that i needed to go 2 skool and try 2 pay attention ecpeccialy in math becaus eof the quiz ( i have an f by the way) so i asked him 4 a pill i took it and i felt great and focoused! i did all my work and i was just happy again! sud i bring this up 2 my parents?? i thik i shud but im not sure
Alright sweetie...here we go...I was diagnosed with an extreme case of ADHD when I was 5, I'm now 21. I've been on every med in the book and I can tell you from personal experience, they are dangerous. Most of that stuff is concentrated narcotics. Please be careful, I have been in the hospital numerous times due to various meds (the worst was due to adderall). As far as talking to your parents, I would. It's great that you responded to the meds, but everyone does b/c it is a powerful drug. Be careful, please. Go see a child pyschiatrist and let them decide.

Last edited by jenakins; 01-08-2004 at 05:16 AM.

Old 01-08-2004, 01:52 PM   #4

Blaana HB User

You shouldn't take someone else's medicine, that is called drug abuse. The person that gave them to you can get into a lot of trouble for that. My son was in a similar situation and is going through treatment now for it. Even though it may seem like a little thing now to you, it can get out of hand very quickly. And the doctor's will not usually give you a controlled substance if you have a history of drug abuse even if you have ADHD. If I was your parent I would want to know what you were doing so I could help you.

Closed Thread