It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2004, 05:20 PM   #1

kilo45 HB User
Question day dreaming

i went to the doctor and he said i have add and gave me adderol and it did nothin but make me anxious . so i got off it and he put me on klonopins and they did nothing. i was wondering if any of you guys have this problem. i cant focus on anything and am lazy as hell . i try my hardest to be motivated and focus on things but i cant. i mean it is bad all i do is day dream and when i day dream i dont even know what i am dreaming about.it is almost like my brain stops working. i wil be having a conversation with somone and have no clue what they are tlaking about . i will be looking directly into there eyes and just be lost as hell. i was wondering if anybosy else has this problem and what did they do to help it?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-10-2004, 06:03 PM   #2

crazygirl HB User
Re: day dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilo45
i went to the doctor and he said i have add and gave me adderol and it did nothin but make me anxious . so i got off it and he put me on klonopins and they did nothing. i was wondering if any of you guys have this problem. i cant focus on anything and am lazy as hell . i try my hardest to be motivated and focus on things but i cant. i mean it is bad all i do is day dream and when i day dream i dont even know what i am dreaming about.it is almost like my brain stops working. i wil be having a conversation with somone and have no clue what they are tlaking about . i will be looking directly into there eyes and just be lost as hell. i was wondering if anybosy else has this problem and what did they do to help it?
Hi, i kinda have the same problem, lazy if any, little motivation "spacey" ALWAYS daydreaming, i can focus on something if i like it or catches my attetion but, if it doesnt i'm off to la-la land..... i did this during a work interview( over the phone) one time and there like so you sure you want this job, i hadent heard 2/3's of what they said, cause i was off in my own little world. I said yes to a job i shoulda said no to, i told my doc this, and without any other words said it sounds like add inattentive, she left me with just that no real reason i cant diagnose myself but i think i have mild add mixed with seasonal depression..
to answer your question about hwo to help it......i'm kinda in the same boat,i know there are some non- medications to help this but i cant remember what they are

-crazygirl-

Last edited by crazygirl; 01-10-2004 at 06:05 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-10-2004, 06:05 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

* Free ~ Spirit * HB User

There are lots of things that can cause ADD like symptoms.

Daydreaming and being unmotivated can be a part of ADD, as well as about a hundred or so other problems.

You say that when you daydream you dont know what youre daydreaming about?
Do you just blank out for a few minutes or what?

There are some types of seizures that can look like ADD. Have you seen a nuerologist and been tested for a seizure disorder?

Old 01-10-2004, 06:54 PM   #4

kilo45 HB User

i dont know if it was a nuerologist but i went to the hospital and got all these things hooked up to my head and they ran some test and they came back good. my docotr said it was add . i have done a million testes for it. but i have never taken a anti-depresent with adderol am going to sugest that next time i see him. because i really never gave adderol a chance i was only on it for 3 days.

Old 01-10-2004, 09:42 PM   #5
Senior Veteran

3 days is enough of a chance, stimulants dont need to build up in your system they work within 45 minutes. Like I said, it is very easy to misdiagnose ADD. Just because your doc says thats what it is doesnt mean that hes right.

Can you please answer my questions that I previously asked

You say that when you daydream you dont know what youre daydreaming about?
Do you just blank out for a few minutes or what?

Also, when did your symptoms start?

Does anyone in your family have ADD? (it is believed to be genetic)

Why do you want to take an anti depressant? Do you think maybe you are depressed?

Crazy - Nutritional interventions, supplements, biofeedback, exercise, behavior therapy are non-med ADD treatments

Old 01-11-2004, 11:54 AM   #6

kilo45 HB User

ya i kind of just blank out . it kind of feels like my brain is freezing up. am not depessed but when i was on adderol i was. it was making me anxious and nervous.i got tested when i was 2nd grade for add because i couldnt sit still in class and always talked. i think my dad has becasue when i talk to him i feel like am talking to a blank wall.

Old 01-11-2004, 08:57 PM   #7
Senior Veteran

Sounds like a possible anxiety problem.

Old 01-12-2004, 06:12 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

index.html HB User

Kilo, I have alot of trouble following conversations, too, not so much because I blank out but because my mind has gone about 300 different places by the time whoever is talking has finished one sentence. That's what ADD is like for me.

If Adderall caused alot of anxiety, something like Metadate might work for you without the intolerable side effects. While stimulants "work" immediately, it can take a few days to get past the side effects. For instance, I had headaches for the first 2 or 3 days on concerta, but they went away. Also the "rebound" anxiety that I had late in the day at first isn't such a problem now.

Good luck!

Last edited by index.html; 01-12-2004 at 07:34 AM.

Old 01-12-2004, 07:19 PM   #9

jupiter_nate HB User

Kilo,
I would second the opinion that you may need more than three days to judge properly the effectiveness of your stimulant medication. My doctor had me increase my dose over a few weeks to find one that works. Additionally, there were some side effects with my mood associated with a higher dose but these went away after a few days. I think that if you are on the right dose, you will notice the effect right away, but finding the right dose of the right medication may be a process of trial and error.

Old 01-12-2004, 08:22 PM   #10

kilo45 HB User

Thanks I Will Talk To Him About It.

Old 01-23-2004, 10:46 PM   #11

Patay56 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilo45
Thanks I Will Talk To Him About It.
Hey guys,
I would be driving somewhere and all of a sudden realize I was going totally in the wrong direction. I could feel myself being zoned out while driving. I was watching the road but spaced out somewhere. Sometimes I would have to pull over and go to sleep for a good hour. I was Lazy, tired and totally unmotivated. WHen I did try to do something, I swore I must be getting Alzheimers because I could not remember what I was suppose to be doing. Anyway, after many tests, results showed nothing out of the norm. My doc decided to try me on Ritalin. It helped so much with the focus stuff. However, the tiredness was still there. I then tried adderall but that didnt seem to help as much. I am now taking dexidrine which is helping but I still cant get the sleep thing fixed. If I force myself to get up and get dressed and leave the house in the morning after my kids go to school, I am good all day. But if I sit and have breakfast, read the paper, talk on the phone or go on the computer, I start to feel an incredible tiredness and end up giving in and going to sleep for a couple of hours. I start work at 1 pm and once I am there I am ok. I just get so frustrated because I get nothing done and sleep my time away. I have just tried taking Provigil which is perscribed for Narcolepsy in addition to the dexidrine but it doesnt seem to help. Don't you wonder how people ever functioned before we had all these drugs to try to help us function normally?
pattibuckle

Closed Thread