It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2004, 03:19 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: ottawa, ontario, canada
Posts: 2,222
jinglebts HB Userjinglebts HB User
Unhappy husband's ADD is so much worse ...

-- i don't know whether to cry, hurt (do that anyway), leave ...

my husband has been treated both psychologically and with drugs for the past few months now, and nothing seems to work ... he's still scattered, pedantic, insulting, disorganized, unemployed ... occasionally we can talk, but just when i think that at least today will be better ... i'm so angry at him ...

he just flung something that i've printed thru' the door to my office ...

it's been like that every day for weeks, i've read a book called "when the body turns against itself" and i have thyroid disease and i've had a stroke and it's all just ghastly ... just when i least expect it, he puts me down, and i'm thinking i gotta get outta here -- but at least he doesn't hit me!! proud of that he is too!!

jb

i just creamed a primal scream -- felt good, but i'm sure it alarmed the neighbours ..
__________________
keep the faith ...

Last edited by jinglebts; 01-21-2004 at 03:21 PM.

 
Old 01-22-2004, 04:53 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Yorkshire, UK
Posts: 658
Redhead23 HB User
Re: husband's ADD is so much worse ...

The kind of aggressive, violent behaviour you describe sounds nothing like AD/HD, and the fact that medication has not helped a bit is usually a sign that the cause lies elsewhere.

Also, AD/HD does not suddenly get worse, even though people who have it can have better and worse days, a strong increase in negative behaviour, aggression, distractability etc. in an adult can mean many things, like manic depression, or other conditions affecting him on top of his usual problems. Such a deterioration is cause for serious concern and is not something to be messed with.
__________________
25, female, AS with attentional dysfunction

Inhibited Perfectionist

 
Sponsors Lightbulb
   
Old 01-26-2004, 02:07 PM   #3
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 4
guestz HB User
Re: husband's ADD is so much worse ...

Before you give up hope, please read below.. I copied this from another website on adult ADD:

I'm an adult who has been diagnosed with ADD / bi-polar / depression and wanted to share with you the protocol I've used to cure myself of depression, mood swings and ADD. Yes, cure. I no longer have to take Adderall and feel great! The side effects from taking Adderall were terrible. I found it to be addictive and it wasn't worth the possible long term consequences of using it.

I cannot recommend enough the book "The Mood Cure" by Julia Ross. I've worked with Julia and her Recovery Systems staff and have been wonderfully pleased with the results.

In a nutshell, the keys to my condition were caused by:

- hypoglycemia

- wilson's thyroid syndrome (see: wilsonssyndrome.com)

- pyroluria

- adrenal exhaustion

- neurotransmitter depletion

I've since been able to make major headway through changes in diet, lifestyle, using nutritional supplementation, and taking a temporary thyroid protocol to virtually eliminate my symptoms. It's important to note that all the symptoms of ADD can be found in the symptoms of Wilson's thyroid syndrome (a reversible thyroid condition) and can be exacerbated by all the other conditions, so that it's crucial to look at all the possibilities for the underlying causes of ADD symptoms. It's been nothing short of amazing. Check out this book. It's full of useful information and may be a life saver.

 
Old 01-26-2004, 02:56 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: ottawa, ontario, canada
Posts: 2,222
jinglebts HB Userjinglebts HB User
Re: husband's ADD is so much worse ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by guestz
Before you give up hope, please read below.. I copied this from another website on adult ADD:

I'm an adult who has been diagnosed with ADD / bi-polar / depression and wanted to share with you the protocol I've used to cure myself of depression, mood swings and ADD. Yes, cure. I no longer have to take Adderall and feel great! The side effects from taking Adderall were terrible. I found it to be addictive and it wasn't worth the possible long term consequences of using it.

I cannot recommend enough the book "The Mood Cure" by Julia Ross. I've worked with Julia and her Recovery Systems staff and have been wonderfully pleased with the results.

In a nutshell, the keys to my condition were caused by:

- hypoglycemia

- wilson's thyroid syndrome (see: wilsonssyndrome.com)

- pyroluria

- adrenal exhaustion

- neurotransmitter depletion

I've since been able to make major headway through changes in diet, lifestyle, using nutritional supplementation, and taking a temporary thyroid protocol to virtually eliminate my symptoms. It's important to note that all the symptoms of ADD can be found in the symptoms of Wilson's thyroid syndrome (a reversible thyroid condition) and can be exacerbated by all the other conditions, so that it's crucial to look at all the possibilities for the underlying causes of ADD symptoms. It's been nothing short of amazing. Check out this book. It's full of useful information and may be a life saver.
wow ... i'll buy my husband the book, and investigate the rest ...

thanks, you've been a great help ...

jb
__________________
keep the faith ...

 
Old 01-26-2004, 07:40 PM   #5
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 4
guestz HB User
Re: husband's ADD is so much worse ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinglebts
wow ... i'll buy my husband the book, and investigate the rest ...

thanks, you've been a great help ...

jb
I forgot to mention that anger and rage can be symptoms of food allergies (wheat and dairy are the most common). My partner would have rage episodes after eating wheat. Also episodic rage is a symptom of pyroluria too. Good luck!

 
Old 01-26-2004, 09:16 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: ottawa, ontario, canada
Posts: 2,222
jinglebts HB Userjinglebts HB User
Re: husband's ADD is so much worse ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by guestz
I forgot to mention that anger and rage can be symptoms of food allergies (wheat and dairy are the most common). My partner would have rage episodes after eating wheat. Also episodic rage is a symptom of pyroluria too. Good luck!
wow ... i'll pass this along to my husband ...

thanks so much ...

jb
__________________
keep the faith ...

 
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
help husband with cerebellar atrophy sosweet71 Brain & Nervous System Disorders 12 06-30-2010 12:33 PM
Husband just diagnosed pnoe Cancer: Prostate 50 11-24-2009 01:57 PM
argumentative husband driving me MAD yellow rose Relationship Health 8 12-16-2008 03:26 AM
Cheating husband update 4bars Relationship Health 11 06-26-2008 10:33 AM
My husband does not agree with meds,plz help me gorgee Pain Management 19 02-25-2008 01:28 PM




Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Join Our Newsletter

Stay healthy through tips curated by our health experts.

Whoops,

There was a problem adding your email Try again

Thank You

Your email has been added




Top 10 Drugs Discussed on this Board.
(Go to DrugTalk.com for complete list)
Adderall
Amphetamine
Concerta
Metadate
Methylphenidate
  Prozac
Ritalin
Strattera
Wellbutrin
Zoloft




TOP THANKED CONTRIBUTORS



addprogrammer (94), janewhite1 (90), Thunor (48), marisuela (15), addventurous (10), iluv (10), LessStress38 (9), Administrator (9), CharBerry (6), Wootton (6)

Site Wide Totals

teteri66 (1164), MSJayhawk (997), Apollo123 (898), Titchou (832), janewhite1 (823), Gabriel (758), ladybud (745), sammy64 (666), midwest1 (665), BlueSkies14 (610)



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:39 PM.



Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2014 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!