It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2004, 03:19 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

jinglebts HB Userjinglebts HB User
Unhappy husband's ADD is so much worse ...

-- i don't know whether to cry, hurt (do that anyway), leave ...

my husband has been treated both psychologically and with drugs for the past few months now, and nothing seems to work ... he's still scattered, pedantic, insulting, disorganized, unemployed ... occasionally we can talk, but just when i think that at least today will be better ... i'm so angry at him ...

he just flung something that i've printed thru' the door to my office ...

it's been like that every day for weeks, i've read a book called "when the body turns against itself" and i have thyroid disease and i've had a stroke and it's all just ghastly ... just when i least expect it, he puts me down, and i'm thinking i gotta get outta here -- but at least he doesn't hit me!! proud of that he is too!!

jb

i just creamed a primal scream -- felt good, but i'm sure it alarmed the neighbours ..

Last edited by jinglebts; 01-21-2004 at 03:21 PM.

Old 01-22-2004, 04:53 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

Redhead23 HB User
Re: husband's ADD is so much worse ...

The kind of aggressive, violent behaviour you describe sounds nothing like AD/HD, and the fact that medication has not helped a bit is usually a sign that the cause lies elsewhere.

Also, AD/HD does not suddenly get worse, even though people who have it can have better and worse days, a strong increase in negative behaviour, aggression, distractability etc. in an adult can mean many things, like manic depression, or other conditions affecting him on top of his usual problems. Such a deterioration is cause for serious concern and is not something to be messed with.

Inhibited Perfectionist

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-26-2004, 02:07 PM   #3

guestz HB User

Before you give up hope, please read below.. I copied this from another website on adult ADD:

I'm an adult who has been diagnosed with ADD / bi-polar / depression and wanted to share with you the protocol I've used to cure myself of depression, mood swings and ADD. Yes, cure. I no longer have to take Adderall and feel great! The side effects from taking Adderall were terrible. I found it to be addictive and it wasn't worth the possible long term consequences of using it.

I cannot recommend enough the book "The Mood Cure" by Julia Ross. I've worked with Julia and her Recovery Systems staff and have been wonderfully pleased with the results.

In a nutshell, the keys to my condition were caused by:

- hypoglycemia

- wilson's thyroid syndrome (see: wilsonssyndrome.com)

- pyroluria

- adrenal exhaustion

- neurotransmitter depletion

I've since been able to make major headway through changes in diet, lifestyle, using nutritional supplementation, and taking a temporary thyroid protocol to virtually eliminate my symptoms. It's important to note that all the symptoms of ADD can be found in the symptoms of Wilson's thyroid syndrome (a reversible thyroid condition) and can be exacerbated by all the other conditions, so that it's crucial to look at all the possibilities for the underlying causes of ADD symptoms. It's been nothing short of amazing. Check out this book. It's full of useful information and may be a life saver.

Old 01-26-2004, 02:56 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by guestz
Before you give up hope, please read below.. I copied this from another website on adult ADD:

I'm an adult who has been diagnosed with ADD / bi-polar / depression and wanted to share with you the protocol I've used to cure myself of depression, mood swings and ADD. Yes, cure. I no longer have to take Adderall and feel great! The side effects from taking Adderall were terrible. I found it to be addictive and it wasn't worth the possible long term consequences of using it.

I cannot recommend enough the book "The Mood Cure" by Julia Ross. I've worked with Julia and her Recovery Systems staff and have been wonderfully pleased with the results.

In a nutshell, the keys to my condition were caused by:

- hypoglycemia

- wilson's thyroid syndrome (see: wilsonssyndrome.com)

- pyroluria

- adrenal exhaustion

- neurotransmitter depletion

I've since been able to make major headway through changes in diet, lifestyle, using nutritional supplementation, and taking a temporary thyroid protocol to virtually eliminate my symptoms. It's important to note that all the symptoms of ADD can be found in the symptoms of Wilson's thyroid syndrome (a reversible thyroid condition) and can be exacerbated by all the other conditions, so that it's crucial to look at all the possibilities for the underlying causes of ADD symptoms. It's been nothing short of amazing. Check out this book. It's full of useful information and may be a life saver.
wow ... i'll buy my husband the book, and investigate the rest ...

thanks, you've been a great help ...

jb

Old 01-26-2004, 07:40 PM   #5

guestz HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinglebts
wow ... i'll buy my husband the book, and investigate the rest ...

thanks, you've been a great help ...

jb
I forgot to mention that anger and rage can be symptoms of food allergies (wheat and dairy are the most common). My partner would have rage episodes after eating wheat. Also episodic rage is a symptom of pyroluria too. Good luck!

Old 01-26-2004, 09:16 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by guestz
I forgot to mention that anger and rage can be symptoms of food allergies (wheat and dairy are the most common). My partner would have rage episodes after eating wheat. Also episodic rage is a symptom of pyroluria too. Good luck!
wow ... i'll pass this along to my husband ...

thanks so much ...

jb

Closed Thread