It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2004, 11:32 AM   #1
Inactive

lasia221 HB User
Bored

Have you ever been so bored that your avaiable resources to get un-bored are too boring?
heh.
At this job job of mine, it's totally opposite from my last jobs, where i was in retail and things could get mighty hoppin and busy.
I'm sitting at a desk all day...I have internet access (but i can't ******** anything). I can read a book (when i remember to bring in a new one). I coudl do bills (if I ever needed to, which i don't). I could play games (as long as they don't need installed).
As long as I answer the phone, buzz people in, and do the few reports that need done, I can do what I please.
but I'm still BOREDBOREDBORED!

there should be a website, made by ADDers for ADDers, for various levels of boredom. sure, there's bored.com, but it ain't that great.

i know, i get bored easily. but i cannot, absolutly cannot, just SIT here and do nothing. i'd like, cry or somehting.
and of course the kicker is that i have to limit my computer time solely becuase i've got a messed up arm (kinda like carpal tunnel) and too long makes me crazy form the uncomfortableness of my arm.

GAH!

Last edited by lasia221; 02-23-2004 at 11:33 AM.

Old 02-23-2004, 01:41 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

index.html HB User
Re: Bored

I dunno, lasia. I stay bored most of the time, too!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2004, 05:42 PM   #3

Distec HB User

I play video games to keep my boredom down. Problem is, I play them too much and never get out Almost nothing gets done. Fortunately, my job is busy and I'm usually never bored at work.

Old 02-23-2004, 09:12 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

* Free ~ Spirit * HB User

I HATE being bored too. At work, I'll be looking at the clock, it'll seem like hours shouldve passed but the clock has only moved 2 minutes!!!

Things to entertain yourself:
You said you have computer/internet access. Theres lots of cool games that dont need to be downloaded: addictinggames and neopets

Make a little activity pack to take to work. Put things in it like a snack, a drink, a drawing pad, pencils, pens, spiral noteboook, mad libs, markers, gameboy,
yo-yo, electronic poker, cd player, ... or anything related.

Old 02-25-2004, 01:38 PM   #5

Jeffie010603 HB User

There is a discussion board for just about any and everything that might interest you too... For instance, if I had more time at work I'd love to participate in political message boards, and philosophical, theological, etc. Maybe you could search the ******** for what interests you? Or consider using your extra time at work to research and develop a plan for obtaining work that interests you!

Closed Thread