It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2004, 02:59 AM   #1
(male)

Foogoo HB User
Non-prescription equivalents?

Are there any non prescription medicines or herbal remedies with effects similar to concerta or adderall? I cannot afford prescribed meds w/o insurance as of now. Thanks.

Old 03-02-2004, 11:32 AM   #2
Inactive

sflaboy25 HB User
Re: Non-prescription equivalents?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foogoo
Are there any non prescription medicines or herbal remedies with effects similar to concerta or adderall? I cannot afford prescribed meds w/o insurance as of now. Thanks.
personally i take dexedrine and have not found ANY med or herbal remedy that compares to it....i do, however, take dl-phenylanine daily to help prevent neurotransmitter burnout which accompanies stimulant use...if u cannot afford your medication, the drug companies have patient assistance programs available if you qualify. i am currently receiving my medication through glaxosmithkline's program "bridges to access" i reapply every 3 months and only charged a $5 copayment for each month...there is a website that has all this information on every major drug company but not sure if i can post that site on here or not...any moderator's reading this? can i post this website as to help other people find out how they can qualify for these programs?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-03-2004, 12:42 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

* Free ~ Spirit * HB User
Re: Non-prescription equivalents?

I was on medication when I was younger but now I use supplements along with behavior modification, meditation etc etc. My favorite supplement is beCalmd, its expensive though, so since you have issues with money that probably isnt the supplement for you I was taking beCalmd and it was more effective than any medication I had taken for my ADHD. (diagnosed with "SEVERE ADHD/ODD") Now for the purpose of saving money I buy my supplements in bulk (3months supply) One ingrediant supplements, then I just measure out the amount of each supplement so that it equals 3 beCalmd caps.

A very cheap supplement that has a "stimulant" like effect is L-Tyrosine. You can buy this in your grocery store, about $10 for 2months worth.

D/L-Phenylalanine is also good for some people and its pretty inexpensive.

Omega3 is important.

Closed Thread