It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2004, 05:37 PM   #1

annecy HB User
Question Adderall and herbals

I was wondering if there is any problems with taking valerian root while on regular adderall? I also wondered if Ginko Biloba has any negative interactions with either as well?

Thanks for any input and time..................

Old 03-05-2004, 11:00 AM   #2

ftlmatt HB User
Re: Adderall and herbals

Quote:
Originally Posted by annecy
I was wondering if there is any problems with taking valerian root while on regular adderall? I also wondered if Ginko Biloba has any negative interactions with either as well?

Thanks for any input and time..................
while there have been no major interactions reported with this combonation, because everyone is different it is hard to say. do u wanna take valerian root to help u sleep? or for another reason? if u have sleeping problems due to the adderall, you can try melatonin. synthetic melatonin is great and because it is not an herbal product, you are guaranteed to get what u want...like if u buy 3mg. melatonin, that is a guaranteed potency. unlike "natural" melatonin that comes from animal sources and herbal valerian. you cannot be sure the potency of it. natrol makes a good vegetarian "synthetic" form which is pure.
i take 1.5mg. melatonin 2 hours before bedtime and wow what a difference..without daytime drowsiness or hangover effect. also lifts my mood. before i was taking 3mg nightly and experienced daytime drowsiness despite my very high tolerance to drugs.
ginko is a great herb....but because it improves circulation..becareful of increased heart rate which usually isn't a problem. 220-240mg. taken daily in divided doses is the best range...takes about 4 weeks to feel the full benefit. to make sure you are buying quality ginko..buy from a quality company. and i don't mean GNC..they are a rip off. the vitamin shoppe is an excellent store (in many cities) and website to buy high quality supplements/herbs at a cheap price...
hope i helped some!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread