It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2004, 10:39 PM   #1

boring_life HB User
Adderall + Studying in college alternative?

hey i dont think i have ADD/ADHD, but i just have a problem with forcing myself to study for things. i get bored with it often. little bit there i guess. even tho i dont study, i get high grades...but when i do study once in a while, i get even higher ones

anyways, i had a test yesterday and i failed my previous one in that class. it was a GenEd, so i just want to get through it. my friend suggested adderall. ive heard bout it from 100s of different stories at college where people manage to never go to class and just crack the book the night before with some adderall and know more than the people that go to class by test time. i go to class all the time but none of the information was really "sinking in" to my brain so i took the easy way out and just bummed a 10 mg adderall

i gotta say, i studied my friggen arse off and aced the test (and during the test i really didnt get distracted like i usually do in tests). i managed to go through 2 times correcting a bunch of mistakes each time and hten went over it again till i saw not one single error.

yes, adderall is an amazing drug, but i know it can be addictive. i dont want to take it again cuz i couldnt get any sleep later on and i didnt eat for a really long while.

because its mainly that i have a little problem with being distracted (only moderately), is there anything natural/OTC out there i can take to help me study somewhat close to what i did on adderall? someone suggested Ginko, Ginseng, and B12 combo REALLY helps. i know ginseng wakes me up a little, b12 supposedly gives a really good amount of energy, and ginko is more or less ginseng but for your brain. also, i heard something bout dmae or something.

any help will be greatly appreciated. ill probly just pick up some ginko (already have ginseng and b12) and try that out....i just needa find some way to make studying feel more "quick" or somethin

Last edited by boring_life; 03-04-2004 at 10:41 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-09-2004, 02:38 PM   #2

tri_lingual_one HB User
Re: Adderall + Studying in college alternative?

My recommendation would be to find a place to study where you would be the most comfortable. Even ADD people while on Adderal have a hard time just sitting anywhere and studying for hours upon end. There are certain place I go to where I can study and reduce distraction. Maybe ifyou played some soft music in the background to create white noise. That helps me. Whan of my non ADD friends says his trick is he makes himself like the material he is reading. An ADDer could never do that.

Just one note...Adderal is a controled substance and it is a crime to take it if it is not perscribed to you. Even with ADHD I feel the side affects of Adderall. I usually don't have any desire to eat when the stuff is in my system and if I take my afternoon homework dose too late in the afternoon I can't sleep until 1 or 3 am. I can only imagine how tired you are after the amphetemine wore off.

Closed Thread