It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2004, 05:08 AM   #1
(female)

dquist091391 HB User
adult add and ???

I have came to the conclusion I must have add,I'm 33,have never been diagnosed but I cant remember anything any more,I cant think clearly,I can sit and stare into space for hours for nothing cause I can't think of anything I want to do.So I accomplish nothing.I 'm always late no ,matter what
and I always lose or misplace things.I'm always angry or irritated.I cannot function at all during the day.so i work at night.I go through phases where I wont want to answer the phone or door.Or will put off doing something so simple and very important to my financial situation for days or weeks.I really feel like im losing my mind.dont get me wrong i have 3 kids and get throgh day to day but i forget everything !!!!is this common??

Old 03-09-2004, 06:02 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sawbuck44 HB Usersawbuck44 HB Usersawbuck44 HB User
Re: adult add and ???

You would need to see a doctor to be officially diagnosed. The symptoms you describe could very well be due to a lack of sleep. Sounds like you don't get enough sleep with three children plus working at night. Sometimes I feel like I am also ADD but then realize that when I've had a good night's sleep I function better. There are many ill-effects you can experience with lack of sleep. Why not research the web to see if you fit that category?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2004, 06:10 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

Redhead23 HB User

It's "common" with people who have sleep problems, but if this is just a recent thing then it's VERY doubtful it's anything but lack of sleep or maybe stress and depression.

Inhibited Perfectionist

Old 03-09-2004, 10:44 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

index.html HB User

dquist, I have to agree with the others that you sound exhausted. Of course, it's possible to be exhausted AND have ADD! ADD by definition must have existed before age 7. You probably don't remember that far back, but was inattention a problem for you (and your teachers) in elementary school?

If the onset of these symptoms has been in the last few years, there are many things that may be causing them, but ADD probably is not the answer. If you need other suggestions of what could be causing this, let us know!

Closed Thread