It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2004, 05:07 AM   #1
(male)

sodawater HB User
Lightbulb Supplements for Inattentive Subtype

I hope this thread isn't redundant, but everyone seems to have their own supplement routine, and I'd love to get a survey of what people specifically of the inattentive subtype are taking, and especially in what doses. I'm going to see my physician next week and I'd like to take a list to bounce off him.

I know some people have already posted this info, but often it comes up in an unrelated thread and it gets buried. I thought it's be useful to have a single thread for this topic

As for me I'm just on a once-daily multivitamin, additional zinc and fish oil. When I have more money, I'll be trying additional amino acids, but I must admit the dosage and timing relative to food still seems like a very confusing mystery.

Thanks so much in advance (especially people who've already posted their info - I hope you don't mind doing it again)

Old 03-12-2004, 05:22 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

index.html HB User
Re: Supplements for Inattentive Subtype

I think starting this thread was a good idea, soda!

I take a multivitamin, extra calcium, and either fish oil or flaxseed oil. I *occasionally* take extra magnesium and chromium. I eat a fairly high protein diet and feel that I get enough amino acids in my diet (I'm not real comfortable with supplementing with single amino acids).

Last edited by index.html; 03-12-2004 at 05:24 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-12-2004, 05:30 AM   #3
(male)

sodawater HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by index.html
I think starting this thread was a good idea, soda!

I take a multivitamin, extra calcium, and either fish oil or flaxseed oil. I *occasionally* take extra magnesium and chromium. I eat a fairly high protein diet and feel that I get enough amino acids in my diet (I'm not real comfortable with supplementing with single amino acids).
calcium for add?
do you take the magnesium and chromium on top of a multivitamin?
thanks!

Old 03-12-2004, 08:52 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

index.html HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodawater
calcium for add?
do you take the magnesium and chromium on top of a multivitamin?
thanks!
Oh, sorry. I was just listing everything I take, not just things specifically for ADD.

I take a little extra chromium in hopes of regulating the blood sugar (I tend to get hypoglycemic). Calcium for the old bones and magnesium because they are supposed to go together. I have heard that calcium and magnesium can be calming & might help me get those elusive "Z's"(!) so I guess, in a way, they might help my ADD. Few multivitamins have enough calcium in them and I'm not a milk-drinker so that's why I need extra calcium.

Last edited by index.html; 03-12-2004 at 09:18 AM.

Old 03-14-2004, 06:05 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

index.html HB User

Does anyone else want to say what supplements they take?

Old 03-15-2004, 09:48 AM   #6

Tnole HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by index.html
Does anyone else want to say what supplements they take?
Do you take these supplements in addition to medication? I was recently diagnosed and am taking Strattera which has made a world of difference in my life... A WORLD! I was reluctant to take medication but I'm ok with that now --- but if supplements help even more I'd love to know what works.

Old 03-15-2004, 09:50 AM   #7

Tnole HB User

Do you take these supplements in addition to medication? I was recently diagnosed and am taking Strattera which has made a world of difference in my life... A WORLD! I was reluctant to take medication but I'm ok with that now --- but if supplements help even more I'd love to know what works

Closed Thread