It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2004, 04:50 AM   #1

poody HB User
is it best to tell

is it best to tell the school pychologist what your fears are and let her take it from there as i spoke to her yesterday and she said the school thought my son was not that bad but twice in 4 months he has been threatned with expulsion he has been verbally abusive to teachers been removed form class because he was a danger to other pupils banned for 3 weeks from home econonics for disrupting the class with unacceptable behaviour swearing was another problem can i say i think he may have ADHD or i better to let them come to their own conclusions as in scotland things move very slowly here i know of one boy whos mother fought for 5 years to get her son assesed

Old 03-16-2004, 06:36 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

Redhead23 HB User
Re: is it best to tell

I don't think it would hurt to mentione that you feel it may be ADHD, although I don't feel it would be appropriate to be too forceful about your suspicion (i.e. don't go in there saying you are absolutely sure).

Inhibited Perfectionist

Last edited by moderator2; 03-18-2004 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Please carefully read, know and follow the Healthboards.com Policies and Guidelines. Click on FAQ at the top left of this page. Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2004, 06:40 AM   #3

Lucy P HB User
Re: is it best to tell

Hi poody,
I have a son that was diagnosed with ADHD when he was 5 yrs old. My son is now 12. we have come a LONG way with this disabilty. Your son sounds as though he "very well could have it" too. They both seem to be making
"close to" the "wrong choices".
I was actually looking some things up on here about back problems, of my own, but I seen the forum about ADHD and I just couldn't pass it up without taking a look at it, as I am always looking for new and interesting topics for ADHD. I can still TRY to get back to you ASAP. I just really do not have much time today.
Other then that, I can relate to what you must be going through. And I really hope it gets better for you and your son. God Bless you all...Lucy~

Last edited by moderator2; 03-18-2004 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Please carefully read, know and follow the Healthboards.com Policies and Guidelines. Click on FAQ at the top left of this page. Thank you!

Closed Thread