It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2004, 04:21 PM   #1

fallen_5555 HB User
Add... (natural way??)

Hey everyone, I have ADD and I used to take Ridilin (sp?) anyhow Im not sure how much I was taking but I eventually stopped taking it for a couple of years and now I asked my doctor if I could go back on again and he said not without some evaluation which takes about 10 hours... Im not gonna spend all that time on a test in which they may say its too mild and that I dont need it when my doctor suggested I be on it in the first place. Anyhow I was wondering if there are any natural ways to overcome this or take some suppliments. I dont want to order any perscriptions online. Well thanks for taking the time to read this. I bolded it for people to lazy to read it all .

Kyle

Old 03-16-2004, 06:27 PM   #2
(male)

sodawater HB User
Re: Add... (natural way??)

I would say more than half the posts on this board are about this topic. My own rough summary of them is this: there is no easy way to manage ADD. But if you are not opposed to taking medication, it is probably the easiest way to start. Really trying 'natural' treatments seems like alot more work and alot more trial and error. Putting in all of that work is going to be difficult for someone who is not deeply invested in finding a non-pharmaceutical treatment. Spending some time getting diagnosed and getting the meds is probably a much 'easier' path for you. Though do search the boards for info about a product called Becalm'd. Many people have had success with that product and/or its component ingredients. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-17-2004, 09:24 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

index.html HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallen_5555
I was wondering if there are any natural ways to overcome this or take some suppliments. Kyle
Hi Kyle,

I think we might have more suggestions if we knew a little more about the aspects of ADD that you're trying to treat. Concentration? Motivation? Hyperactivity?

As sodawater said, there are quite a few posts on this board about non-pharmaceutical approaches. On this current page, there's a thread called "Diet suggestions?". One page back, try the thread, "Has anyone tried diet modification?" A couple pages back is a thread called "BeCalmed?".

But the majority of the threads contain some reference to natural approaches. Happy browsing...

Old 03-17-2004, 04:32 PM   #4

fallen_5555 HB User

I have alot of difficulty concentrating for more than about 5 mins and I also have difficulty about being motivated, such as I would rather just lie on my bed then open up a note book and do homework. As far as hyperactivity goes that doesn't affect me becuase I dont have the energy to do anything.

Old 03-17-2004, 09:27 PM   #5
(male)

sodawater HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallen_5555
I have alot of difficulty concentrating for more than about 5 mins and I also have difficulty about being motivated, such as I would rather just lie on my bed then open up a note book and do homework. As far as hyperactivity goes that doesn't affect me becuase I dont have the energy to do anything.
The symptoms you describe are pretty vague - they could stem from many different sources. Given that Ritalin is an addictive and tightly controlled substance, you really should go through a thorough evaluation. How were you diagnosed in the past?

Old 03-18-2004, 01:32 PM   #6

fallen_5555 HB User

I went to the doctor and told him about problems I have been having and then he just suggested that I try ritalin and I then he wrote me a perscription for it.

Closed Thread