It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2004, 10:16 AM   #1

stellinator HB User
Concerta and anger

I took concerta for a month for ADHD and became angrier/shorter/more depresssed on it. Has anyone else had these symptoms on conerta. I'm thinking of starting Straterra, but I'm not really sure about all these drugs. My basic problem is that I can't slow down and focus on tasks at hand. I have several different thoughts in my head at one time. I always feel like I have to "hurry" and do something. Thank you I even wondered whether I actually had ADHD as there is only a written to test to find out. How accurate is that? Soooooo confused!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-26-2004, 03:39 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

Redhead23 HB User
Re: Concerta and anger

Increased agitation with ADHD meds CAN sometimes indicate bipolar (as opposed to ADHD), which can in hypomanic and manic phases bring racing thoughts etc. with it, Strattera in particular is actually well-known for bringing out this effect so I would check with your doctor about possible other diagnoses before trying Srattera.

Inhibited Perfectionist

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-26-2004, 09:10 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

index.html HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellinator
I took concerta for a month for ADHD and became angrier/shorter/more depresssed on it. Has anyone else had these symptoms on conerta?... Soooooo confused!
Concerta has actually taken away alot of my anger/irritability which I attribute to my increased ability to tolerate noise when I take it (10yo DS and 13yo DS plus their friends plus my husband = noise overload for me!).

Sorry you're having trouble! Getting meds right is SOOO frustrating...

Old 05-04-2004, 01:17 PM   #4

LeslieinMI HB User

In researching ADHD for my son's case, I read somewhere that many doctors felt a stimulant like Concerta should be perscribed with a anti depressant to avoid just what you have noticed. My son is on Concerta and Remeron

Closed Thread