It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2004, 03:10 PM   #1

TX_jen HB User
Side effects of Strattera & Lexapro ???

Ever since I've been on strat. it seems that i sleep about 10-12 hours a night- i've been missing most of my 8'clock classes even though I'll set 3 alarms. I feel like a zombie in the am. I'm also on the antidepressant lexapro. Being on lexapro -for the first time I'm not having suicidal thoughts, etc. i don't ever want to feel the way i've felt before!
However I'm always tired & still feel unmotivated to do stuff. My thinking seems to be more clear when I'm on strattera; if i skip 2-3 days i notice i'm really scatterbrained. But it's still not where i want it to be. Also i can go to bed around 10-11 pm and try to wake up around 6:30 but I end up sleeping till 9/10/11 am. Anyone else have these problems??
Thanks, Jen

Old 04-01-2004, 07:04 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

index.html HB User
Re: Side effects of Strattera & Lexapro ???

Jen,

Here are 2 suggestions. First, if you are taking your Strattera at night, try taking it a little earlier. Instead of waiting until right before you go to bed, try taking it an hour or two before bedtime.

Second (and probably most important), take it regularly. The zombie-ness you describe isn't uncommon when first starting on Strattera or when increasing doses, but *usually* subsides in a few days. If you skip doses occasionally, your body is having to readjust to it every time that you resume it. If you've decided to take it, take it every day - you'll feel better if you do!

Let us know how it works out!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-01-2004, 11:12 AM   #3

TX_jen HB User

I take the lexapro @ night and strattera in the am or else i can't go to sleep. any other hints? thanks

Old 04-01-2004, 11:37 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

index.html HB User

Well, shoot, I thought your problem might be easy to fix. Darn! I still suggest taking it regularly so that your body can adapt to it.

Hopefully, someone else will have some good ideas for you...

Old 04-04-2004, 07:44 PM   #5
Senior Veteran

Banker HB User

I am not on an ADD med but I am on lexepro and if I don't take it at the right time, I'm so sleepy I cannot function. Try taking the lexepro in the a.m. or around 10:00 a.m. and then I get you will be fine. If I take lexepro at night - I can wake up but I cannot stay awake at work and literally fall asleep at my desk until around 11:00 or 12:00 in the day. When I changed to taking it in the a.m., that went away but I'm VERY tired at night now.

Closed Thread