It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2004, 07:29 PM   #1
(male)

vasdef HB User
Strattera success stories??

I've read many posts about the negative side effects of Strattera, and also a lot of people discontinuing the med because it stopped working, didn't work at all, or made things worse. This doesn't look good. I've been on it for about 5 weeks, and the best it has been was the 2nd week. I feel more scatterbrained, forgetful, and inattentive than ever. I'm definitley going to give it more time to work, but it doesn't look promising. Being that I'm bipolar, I can't take the classic stimulants that are given to people with ad/adhd. So, I don't know if there are any more medication options out there for me at this point.
Are there any people out there with some positive stories about Straterra? Anyone taking it for a year or more with good results? I would like to hear from you. Thanks.

Old 04-11-2004, 07:11 AM   #2
Inactive

ALonelyOctober HB User
Re: Strattera success stories??

Hey, unfortunately I'm not giving you a success story. I just replyed to tell you I was on straterra for about a month, it worked for a couple days then it stopped working so they'ed up my dosage. Same thing would happen. So they finally took me off of it. Bad part is though, they didn't put me on something else either. So I'm back to not being able to concentrate in school or at home or anywhere. I can never sit still. Doctor says "it might just be a learning disability". I don't know. I don't know all the meds out there besides straterra, ritalin and adderal. But when one doesn't work for someone, another one does. Look into some.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-05-2005, 01:33 AM   #3
(male)

vasdef HB User

For what it's worth, I have been on Strattera for a little over a year. I had times when I felt it was working, times when I thought it wasn't. About 4 months ago I was bumped up to 130 mg a day, and it finally has been working consistently with me. As a matter of fact, I've neglected t olook at this message board for months because things are going so well. Being able to do simple tasks with out backtracking a hundred times, losing track of time and being in a hurry to find that I didn't have to at all. Cleared thinking, the list goes on. Of coursee I do still have days of confusion and forgetfullness, I just accept it and move on. Hope this helps.

Old 02-06-2005, 04:06 PM   #4
Veteran

lateeth HB User

My 15 year old son was switched from Adderal to statera a little over a year ago as the doctor seemed to think it would work better as it builds up in the system and does not have the problem with stimulents. It seems to work about the same as the adderal did giving him the ability to actually pay attention in school and at homework and bringing him up to an acceptable amount of attention. (he is not on the level of the other kids but at least he knows what is happening and can do his work by himself with just some extra coaxing). All in all I would say it is working well for him. He does not have any other problems for which he takes meds so that might make a difference.

Old 02-06-2005, 08:31 PM   #5
(male)

PhrostyNLS HB User

im in the same boat as you, right now im on my 3rd week of strattera , the 2nd week i think it worked well, but now im getting more flustered and confused then normal, hopefully it works out , im taking 80mg a day, when do you take your dosage and how much is it?

Old 02-06-2005, 08:45 PM   #6
(male)

vasdef HB User

From what I've been reading, it doesn't matter when you take it, you just build up a certain level of Strattera in your blood if you take it consistently. The first couple weeks I took it in morning. I would get heat flashes and heart palpitations in the morning. I switched to taking the meds right before bed, and have been ever since.

Just to refresh from some of my older posts, I'm 40 yr old male, taking Prozac and Lithium for Bipolar disorder for about 14 yrs. So, I can only take non-stimulant meds for AD/HD, otherwise other problems might surface. I also take Provigil for Narcolepsy and Mirapex for RLS.

Closed Thread