It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2004, 09:13 AM   #1

barkerbabe HB User
Question Adderall XR and night time behavior

Has anyone or anyone's children had episodes in the middle of the night of confusion and sleepwalking? My son was on Concerta for 3 years and last week we decided to switch him to the Adderall XR, due to the fact that the Concerta was not working well at school. Since he has been on the Adderall his days at school have improved tremendously, but now we are dealing with this night time stuff. He just strolls into my room and starts talking, sometimes just to say goodnight and he loves me (he has been asleep for ove and hour) other times he talks about being scared but he doesn't know what of. Sometimes he remembers the next morning, but usually he doesn't. Any insight into this would be much appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-15-2004, 12:31 AM   #2

iRiSh_GiRL11 HB User
Re: Adderall XR and night time behavior

i know that when i upped my dosage from 30 mg to 40 mgs( i think...)...? i got nightmares...
when i went back down to 30 mgs... i was fine again, no nightmares.

after some months on adderol & concentratino/focus being amAZINg... my concentration and mood and focus decreased A LOT... it coulda been due to the other 2394803 things going on in my life also... but the adderol didn't seem to help... and i definetly got worse... skipped doing papers/homework, then didn't feel like going to school @ all... got worse and worse and now i haven't even been to class in 3 weeks..

now,and eventho the adderol i didn't think was helping- it was making my focus WORSE - i am very agitated/jittery... trouble falling asleep *even when i take a sleeping pill my doc said to*... and when my parents wake me up in the morning [trying to get on a "regular sleep pattern"]... i can't fall back asleep AT ALL... and believe me i try..VERY hard lol. ... eventho i am so tired ir eall can't fall asleep b/c my mind is just jumping all over and i can't seem to get my brain to calm down... so someone suggested concerta instead of adderol??

dou think it'd be good?

adderol sometimes can decrease effectiveness after a while... soo just be prepared beforehand if your son experiences any sudden decrease in focus/concentration...
dou think it'd be good?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-15-2004, 01:29 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

Redhead23 HB User
Re: Adderall XR and night time behavior

It sounds like the medication is interfering with his sleep pattern, causing him to wake up after having gone to sleep, sleepwalk etc. You should discuss this with his doctor, he may need to change meds.

Inhibited Perfectionist

Closed Thread