It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2004, 09:47 PM   #1
Veteran

ABC~Mom HB User
Angry Infant ADD/ADHD Signs?

my 6 month old daughter gets bored REALLY quickly, she cant not seem to entertain herself at all, i have rulled out pain, hunger, tiredness....everything she just seems really bored after like 5 min of whatever it is she is doing and is ready to move on to the next thing....it is really frustrating me, i cant get a minuites peace....can someone tell me how there baby acted (one that has been diagnosed with ADD/ADHD) or am i reading this wrong? what is the deal?

Last edited by ~Winnie~; 04-11-2004 at 10:17 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-12-2004, 12:09 AM   #2

SSKN HB User
Re: Infant ADD Signs?

I doubt it. I wouldn't goto the doctor about it either. I would only ask a doctor when she is atleast a teen ( 13 ) so then you can get the feel of what's going on. No reason for an un needed diagnoses is she doesn't have it. But other then that... it's probably signs of a normal baby : )

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-12-2004, 06:25 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

index.html HB User
Re: Infant ADD/ADHD Signs?

Sounds pretty normal for a 6 month old. Most require almost constant human interaction for all their waking hours. IMHO, it's w-a-y too early to even be thinking about ADD.

Last edited by index.html; 04-12-2004 at 06:28 AM.

Old 04-12-2004, 12:36 PM   #4
Veteran

ABC~Mom HB User

thanks everyone....
i will put this away for now and just give more attention

Old 04-13-2004, 12:53 PM   #5

Lulu215 HB User

Hi Winnie, I'm currently studying ADHD. These are some of the stages we've learned about.
0-3 years:Infancy
very active before birth
shrill crying
irritable
overactive
behavior is unpredictable
sleep in short periods
don't transition well (prefer rutine)
feeding disturbances
endless vocalizations (cooing)
don't like cuddling
3-5 year:Preschool
motor restlessness
rapid mood changes
temper tantrums
poor sleep
low tolerance to frustration
short attention span
poor speech and language
continuous parallel play

Hope this helps!

Old 04-16-2004, 12:42 PM   #6
Veteran

ABC~Mom HB User

thank you lulu ....she has all of the signs you mentioned!
very active before birth
shrill crying
irritable
overactive
behavior is unpredictable
sleep in short periods
don't transition well (prefer rutine)
feeding disturbances
endless vocalizations (cooing)
don't like cuddling

that would be the best way to describe her right now!
i didnt think i was overreaccting, now i know i am not
thanks alot!

Old 04-16-2004, 02:21 PM   #7

crillmom HB User

I still wouldn't go by that my son who is 9 and definitly has adhd was the calmest easiest baby, so I wouldn't jump the gun on any of this.

Old 04-16-2004, 02:37 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

BetsyAnn HB User

My 6 year old son who has very classic and severe adhd was also the "calmest easiest baby". I could take him anywhere and everyone would comment on how lucky I was to have such an easy child. He started getting progressively difficult after he learned to walk. By the time he was 4 I was convinced he was adhd. However, the pediatrician told me that he was too young to diagnose. His exact words were "by definition all 3 and 4 year old have adhd." We tried to provided a structured environment for him and we learned to ignore the tantrums for the most part. Your baby may very well have adhd but it is too early to tell. She may just be a difficult baby. Among my siblings children the kids without adhd were the difficult babies. Everything you described could be a sign of adhd. All of the symptoms are also typical behavior for a six month old.

Old 04-16-2004, 08:02 PM   #9
Veteran

ABC~Mom HB User

lol betsyann
thanks again guys ...i dont plan to talk to her doc about any of this....i mean there really is no point, there is nothing they can do i mainly wanted to know for my own knowledge.....
thanks again everyone

Closed Thread