It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2004, 07:17 AM   #1

cutetexan HB User
Strattera has been a miracle drug for me!

I can't tell you how much strattera has improved my life. I am currently taking 80 mg a day, been doing so for 3 months and I am doing great! Being also a schizophrenic, I also suffered badly from lack of concentration because of the sz medication and the disease itself. Strattera actually increases my motivation and energy. The only side effect i got so far, and is quite bothersome is premature ejaculation Aside from that, the drug has been short of a miracle in my life.

Old 04-19-2004, 09:16 AM   #2

angcb HB User
Re: Strattera has been a miracle drug for me!

Hi there - I just wanted to say "thanks" for finally hearing about positive results with Strattera. I began taking it last week and so far so good. Unfortunately I tend to read everything I can find about meds but seem to see the bad more than good. I do realize however that *everyone* is different and will react accordingly. Please keep us informed on your progress.And thanks to everyone that shares their experiences.
~Ang

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2004, 10:29 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

index.html HB User

Thanks for posting your good results. I think that too often what we see on these boards is only the negative. The people who are doing well are off enjoying life. So, thanks again for your post!

Old 04-19-2004, 02:56 PM   #4

davenyc HB User

iam doing well with strattera as well and i have not increased my dosage from 25 mg a day!!! seems to be doing ok ...only 2 weeks so i will keep posting

Old 04-20-2004, 09:18 AM   #5

meghansmom HB User

hi, my daughter is on 25mg strattera also and she is doing wonderful. its been about 3 weeks i think. she is doing much better in school and at home. she is much quieter and willing to cooperate. no screaming or crying and no more temper tantrums. the only thing that she complains about is upset stomach. so i give it to her at bedtime so by the morning it is all gone.

hope that's some positive signs for ya.

Old 04-22-2004, 12:10 PM   #6
(female)

msmars5188 HB User

My dad has been on it for a couple of months now and he loves it. He's said he doesnt get any side effects, except for the occasional urination problems(but im sure you didnt want to hear that, even though that is one of the listed side effects). He was taking Concerta before and that suppresed what he calls his "squirrelyness", that is part of his personality. I, personally, an thinking that if i ever do start taking medication i may try it myself because he has said so many good things about it.

To the mother that's daughter is getting stomach aches from her medication:
If she takes her medication with a meal, milk, or even some crackers that should help get rid of her stomach ache. Some meds will make your stomach hurt if you take them on an empty stomach. hope i've helped some!

Old 04-23-2004, 04:54 AM   #7

brendamccraw2 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by meghansmom
hi, my daughter is on 25mg strattera also and she is doing wonderful. its been about 3 weeks i think. she is doing much better in school and at home. she is much quieter and willing to cooperate. no screaming or crying and no more temper tantrums. the only thing that she complains about is upset stomach. so i give it to her at bedtime so by the morning it is all gone.

hope that's some positive signs for ya.
Hi meghansmom.My daughter is 6 also and she's on 35 mg Strattera.She is doing ok in school but is still getting in trouble sometimes.She is still having temper tantrums.I'm thinking 35 mg may be too much.How much does your daughter weigh?Thanks,Brenda

Old 04-23-2004, 12:19 PM   #8

meghansmom HB User

brenda,
my daughter weighs 51lbs. she is still taking 25mg. the last few days though she hasn't been very cooperative. she has had this "attitude" with me; like the "old meghan". she is sticking out her tongue and pouting a lot. this morning at the bus stop the kids all had their bookbags lined up and she went ahead of them. one of the kids told her that she couldn't do that and she ran to the end of the block and cried. i went to get her and talk to her and she wouldn't even talk to me. before she got on the bus i said "bye, have a good day" and she stuck out her tongue at me. i don't know if the 25mg is not enough now, that her body is used to it and it isn't as effective as before or if she is just tired from going back to school from a long spring break. what do you guys think?? she has only been on the 25mg strattera for about 3 weeks.

thanx in advance.

Old 04-23-2004, 06:07 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

BetsyAnn HB User

Megansmom, going back to school after a long spring break can be hard for anyone so it is definitely possible that this is the reason for the behavior this morning (especially if she has been sleeping in). I am sure she was very excited to see all of her friends at the bus stop. If I were you I would not increase her dose of strattera until she has been on it for five or six weeks. It seems to take that long to really kick in.

Old 04-23-2004, 07:50 PM   #10

brendamccraw2 HB User

megansmom,maybe you could try morning dosing and see if it helps.She might be used to it now and not get sick.My daughter's dr said to take it with a peanutbutter sandwich if it upset her stomach.It really doesn't control all the adhd symptoms 24 hours.I give it at 6:30 am and I can tell when it wears off around 7:00 pm.She is bouncing off the walls again.It helps her hyperness good for about 12 hours but not the attention part.That is why we raised the dose to 35 mg.Now she is real moody so I am going to try 25 mg again.

Old 04-25-2004, 02:42 PM   #11

meghansmom HB User

i just might try and give it to her in the morning. maybe saturday morning when i can watch her for her tummy aches. i am not going to increase her dose just yet. i will definately wait until after 6 weeks.

yesterday, we went to a family birthday party. we arrived at around 6pm. meghan was doing really great. she usually takes her med around 8:30pm. well, we forgot them. around 8pm after most people left, she would not shut up! every two minutes she would say "i'm bored." she sounded like a broken record. now i know what happens if we are late with the med. i will never be late again!!!! lol oh my goodness i never want to see that again. even if i feel that the strattera is not working as much, now i know that it is.

Closed Thread