It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2004, 05:14 PM   #1

RobertaSmith HB User
Muscle fatigue and temperature fluctuations

Body temperature swings (94.5 - 100; with my normal being 96.8) and muscle fatigue - I am thinking of stopping Wellbutrin to see if these possible side effects subside. How long will it take Wellbutrin to get out of my system before trying something else for ADHD? Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-14-2004, 07:26 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

dreamer89 HB User
Re: Muscle fatigue and temperature fluctuations

you have my m***** name. anyway temperatures variation can be normal but I never heard of 100 degree tho, unless you have an illness, I don't know about the antidepressant, I do know that that 96 range is a sign of a slower metabolsim, of course the antidepressant maybe messing with that I don't know.

consistently measureing the temps 3 times a day for a few days and getting an average in the 97 or 96 range is a sign of wilson's syndrome, tho it is not recognized by alot of professionals as a real condition it is a condition that reflects a lower metabolism due to semi starvation mode.

does wellbutrine depress appetite? if it does that alone can put you into this conservatin mode as you are not eating enough or it could be your neurotransmittors are being messed up there are alot of reasons, the raising of the temps could be the medicine bringing up the neurotransmittors responsible for temp regulation or as one article I read said that if you rasie serotonin then the body reacts to an over production of this transmittors by releasing adrenalin, this is could be why the temp flutations, adrenaline speeds up the metabolsim therefore raising body temps, the body reacts by counteracting that this is a theory of mine anyway, the body is always striving for balance one thing gets out of whack the body tries to increase or decrease something else to reach equilibrium.

hope this helps.

RR

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread