It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2004, 09:07 PM   #1

kabuki713 HB User
anyone have GOOD experience with Wellbutrin?

From the sound of it, I seem to be a rare case. Wellbutrin does work for me, doesn't make me sick or feel weird. Has everyone had a bad experience with it?
I'm considering looking into something else- Cannot be a stimulant because then my employer would have to know about it, and I don't want that coming against me one day. I like the Wellbutrin- and I'm about topped out with the dosage- I just think things could still be a whole lot better. Maybe I should just try to be satisfied with how it works now. Hopefully something else that I can do will come along.

Old 08-30-2004, 04:38 PM   #2

RebeccaW62 HB User
Re: anyone have GOOD experience with Wellbutrin?

I have taken Wellbutrin since 1999 with very good results. I took it for depression. Doc just took me off though and but me on Adderall for ADHD. Are you familiar with Adderall?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2004, 08:54 PM   #3

Gramagoose HB User
Cool Re: anyone have GOOD experience with Wellbutrin?

Hi,

I have been on Wellbutrin for about 2 years now. Did you know that it is the same drug as Zyban which is used to help ppl stop smoking? I used to smoke a pack a day and now I'm down to about 4 or 5 cigs a day. My insurance won't pay for Zyban because that Brand Name is expressly for smoking help but, they call it Wellbutrin for depression and anxiety and that they will pay for.
By itself, I don't think Wellbutrin would work for me for depression and I am also on Zoloft which has worked good for me for a long, long time. Just hang in there and don't worry about being topped off on it. Your doctor can give you something to go along with it or just change it to something else.

I have taken many different anti depression meds and I finally found the Zoloft works the best and the Wellbutrin is an added help. I can still cope and the problems are there but, the meds don't let them get me to where I can't cope. I can actually think about how to handle a situation and it's easier now to prioritize things when they don't all get to me at once. Good luck and please don't be afraid to ask doc for more help if you are still feeling down. Grama

Old 09-02-2004, 11:22 PM   #4

kabuki713 HB User

Yeah- familiar with adderal- but again I can't switch back to a stimulant, so it's no longer an option for me.

Old 09-25-2004, 03:04 PM   #5

ApocMan HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabuki713
From the sound of it, I seem to be a rare case. Wellbutrin does work for me, doesn't make me sick or feel weird. Has everyone had a bad experience with it?
I'm considering looking into something else- Cannot be a stimulant because then my employer would have to know about it, and I don't want that coming against me one day. I like the Wellbutrin- and I'm about topped out with the dosage- I just think things could still be a whole lot better. Maybe I should just try to be satisfied with how it works now. Hopefully something else that I can do will come along.
You would own the company if they used it agianst you. You are protected under the American with disablities Act...

Closed Thread