It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2005, 06:49 AM   #1
(female)

roselottie HB User
Smile New here :) diagnosed with ADD

Hi everyone I am glad to have found this board. I apparantly am ADD which would explain alot of things I could never figure out before. I was on Ritalin for awhile and was just recently switched to Adderall XR, I am also on Wellbutrin XL to treat my depression. I am amazed at how the Adderall is helping, I can't explain it though. I just feel different, better, able to accomplish more. Does that make sense? Or should I be feeling a specific feeling? Nice to meet you all

Old 02-08-2005, 05:51 PM   #2
(male)

vintagegas HB User
Re: New here :) diagnosed with ADD

Hi, I too am a newcomer, and posted on here today seeking info. I am in no condition to give you any advice as I've only been diagnoised less than two months, and I'm struggling with my life. But....I saw that no one was repling to your post, as they are not to mine. I've been checking back several times today, hoping for some advice, but "not yet".
So, here's all I know. I have been on AdderralXR for almost two months. I was started at 5mg. and noticed some changes that day. Slowly, I've been moved up to 20mg, and have been there for about three weeks now.
I'm very happy with what has happened, even though like you, it's hard to describe. My wife does not see any difference in me outwardly, but...I don't have those terrible thoughts about calling her names when she corrects me, or asks me something simple like "can you take out the trash"? I used to think that she was angry at me for having to tell me in the first place, controling me, and trying to manipulate me.
My blood pressure is actually lower now than before. I check it a lot, as I've been using medication for that for several years now.
Finding out that I have ADHD was a blessing for me. I'm 55, and just found out. I led a productive life "at work", but when I got home, my life was a shambles. No structure at home, lots of structure at work.
My wife is now amazed at what she sees. I'm slowly learning how to organize, I carry a little note book with me to jot down notes on what I need to do. I know that I'll forget in a flash if I don't.
Again, AdderallXR has worked well for me. I wish I could tell you more. Maybe someone with much more experience will jump in here and help us newbie's out. Good Luck to you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread