It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2005, 08:09 PM   #1
(female)

Ryleigh0103 HB User
Talking What medication can you mix with Adderall for depression?

I have been on Zoloft for 3 years and it works good. I was bitchy all the time with everyone. I recently started taking Adderall. I am not sure how to take both together. I need to take both of the medications but not at the same time. I tried to take the Zoloft for Sun-Tues then taking Adderall Wed-Sat. It did not work that well. I would still get very angry. Any suggestions?

Old 03-30-2005, 08:37 PM   #2

camlloc HB User
Re: What medication can you mix with Adderall for depression?

my doctor was hesitant to prescribe me adderall b/c i was having symptoms in my adult hood and never had any when i was younger. however, he said he was confortable prescribing it since its a good addition to the zoloft treatment i was on. he said that sometimes when the anti depressent hasn't completely worked, that oftentimes a stimulant drug is added on. he didnt caution me about taking them at the same time. i have to take them both in the AM.

ive been on zoloft for about 2+ years and just started teh adderall recently. please listen to your doctor, but i would imagine, especially with zoloft, that stopping it for that long of a time, and since you've been on it for so long that maybe you are experiencing early withdrawal. at one point i was getting off the zoloft and i had to be tapered down in order to do it without any side effects. just a thought. id take it as he prescribed or call your doc or pharmacist to see if there is any harm in taking them together. i always hear conflicting stories on these things and doctors all think different things. funny, isn't it? but again, i stress listening to your doc and ask him questions until you feel comfortable. let me know if you have any more questions.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-30-2005, 11:28 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

index.html HB User

Ryleigh, you really should check with your doctor before changing your dosages, but I'm sure you know that, right?

It's not uncommon for Adderall and Zoloft to be prescribed together. You should doublecheck with your doc or pharmacist rather than taking a stranger's advice (mine), but I feel sure the combination is safe.

There is no point in taking an antidepressant unless you are going to take it everyday. Antidepressants can't be taken on an "as needed" basis.

Old 04-02-2005, 04:12 PM   #4
(female)

river525 HB User

Ryleigh - I take Adderall (10-20mg a day) and Wellbutrin (100mg 2xday) and this absolutely works great for me. Everyone is different but I would definintely check with your doctor before you try to "schedule" your prescriptions on your own. And I agree with the other poster, antidepressants need to be taken daily. Take care and let us know what you figure out.

Old 04-03-2005, 05:16 PM   #5
(female)

GorgeouslyJealo HB User

I take adderall, wellbutrin and Lexapro. This combo is good for me. Just as long as I remember to take them. I take the Lex at night so sometimes I forget and it doesnt work as well. But so far it does pretty good.

Closed Thread