It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2005, 05:31 PM   #1
(female)

maggymay3 HB User
Question Anyone have a child on risperdal ????

Hi,
I'm a newby to this group my son is 9 and has been diagnosed with adhd since about 4, he also has a cyst in his brain, which he has surgery for and it has filled back up agian so we are now just keeping a close eye on him with mri every 6 mo, He has been on ALOT OF DIFFERNT MEDS right now he is taking ritalin,short acting in the am then ritalin LA , in afternoon, plus risperdal 2x aday, the adding of risperdal was very recent i;m told it will take a few weeks to see benifts, has anyone had any experienc with this med ???
My son also has ODD,And anxiety disorder, I love him dearly, but i think he's gonna put me in the nut house !!
Maggymay3
From NJ

Old 04-30-2005, 05:47 PM   #2
(female)

mjbbtt HB User
Re: Anyone have a child on risperdal ????

hi i took risperdal it is a seizure medicine and an anti-psychotic medcine that doctors prescribe for a mood stabilizer it made me gain 30 pounds in about 3 months i couldn't stop eating it did make my moods more stable it actually made me have one mood flat mood just very calm and my moods didn't flucuate like they used too ritalin is a stimulant that tends to make some people have bouts of anger mabey that is why the doc added it to his meds. good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-30-2005, 07:52 PM   #3
(male)

Ryan779 HB User
Re: Anyone have a child on risperdal ????

I am 18 and am taking risperdal,

I only take .25 MG, but it has helped stabilize my mood. I experienced opposite effects, as I have to remind myself to eat. This could be as a result of my other meds (concerta, lamictal, risperdal) but I eat at least 4 times as much when I dont take my meds. again, this could be the other medication.

hope this helps

Closed Thread