It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2005, 03:22 PM   #1
(female)

BluRydge HB User
Question Which Medication Best Addresses Inability to Focus?

Can anyone provide any information regarding which ADD medication might best address one's inability to focus. After trying several medications, I've now been taking Adderall for about 2-3 years. While it seems to do the job for my hyperactivity and depression, I can't say I've seen much, if any, improvement in my ability to stay focused on something for any length of time. And my memory's still as bad as ever. Of course, that could be attributed to a verrrrrrrrrrrrrrry long senile moment, I guess.

I'm curious to know if anyone else has had a similar situation or has any information or suggestions they could pass along.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide!

BluRydge

Last edited by BluRydge; 05-17-2005 at 03:25 PM. Reason: booboos

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-20-2005, 12:23 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Seriphina HB User
Re: Which Medication Best Addresses Inability to Focus?

i'd be interested in some insight to this as well. i've been on prozac for 2 1/2 years. i don't have problems with hyperactivity. but i have major problems focusing, with my mind racing and forgettfullness.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2005, 10:30 PM   #3
(female)

missTee HB User

I have the same problems.Its sooooo embarrassing to me anyway. I can't remember anything! I feel like such an idiot at times. I feel 10x worse out in public because I don't usually have anythingto offer to a conversation.An intellectual conversation that is.I don't read because I forget what I read like 2 chapters later.So I write things down...sometimes I forget to look at what I wrote down! I feel like my mind spins so fast sometimes I think it will knock my head off.I have never taken any medication for my add...never adhd,but I do believe I have some depression issues.I feel your pain.

The Following User Says Thank You to missTee For This Useful Post:
andrewsadrummer (06-12-2012)
Old 06-08-2005, 01:57 PM   #4
(female)

loveskittens HB User

Adderall XR 30mg has helped me a lot I used to be the same way my mind racing and never seems to stop on anything and the confusion was unbelievable I had memory problems also, to the point of being dangerous in many situations. My only fear is the long term effects from the Adderall.

Closed Thread