It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2005, 08:39 PM   #1
(female)

cruzshanna HB User
adderall withdrawal - how long will it last!

I stopped taking adderall 20mgXR about three weeks ago after taking it for about three months. I couldn't deal with some of the side effects (I had almost no sex drive). Now all I want to do is sleep and eat! I have no energy or motivation to do anything! I might have to start taking in again, but I really don't want to. Does anybody know how long these withdrawal symptoms will last? Thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-09-2005, 09:57 AM   #2
(female)

barbie2 HB User
Re: adderall withdrawal - how long will it last!

I have been on Adderall for about 7 months and recently stopped. I know what you are experiencing and it know doubt sucks! My withdrawls seemed to last about a week. I had major, big time depression. I was sooo tired and had no motivation to do anything! I had some left over Ripped Fuel that I started to take just to pull me through, it definitely helped. It would have been better to taper off the Adderall instead of quiting cold turkey. Tapering helps with having real bad withdrawals. In my case I really didn't have a choice. I will never do that again. I plan to restart my meds in the next couple of weeks. Also, I am eating like crazy! I am not overweight but I hate putting on extra pounds.I have already gained about 4 pounds since I have been off Adderall. I am not tall, so 4lbs on a petite person feels like a lot.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-09-2005, 02:01 PM   #3
(female)

barbie2 HB User

I have been on Adderall for about 7 months and recently stopped. I know what you are experiencing and it know doubt sucks! My withdrawls seemed to last about a week. I had major, big time depression. I was sooo tired and had no motivation to do anything! I had some left over Ripped Fuel that I started to take just to pull me through, it definitely helped. It would have been better to taper off the Adderall instead of quiting cold turkey. Tapering helps with having real bad withdrawals. In my case I really didn't have a choice. I will never do that again. I plan to restart my meds in the next couple of weeks. Also, I am eating like crazy! I am not overweight but I hate putting on extra pounds.I have already gained about 4 pounds since I have been off Adderall. I am not tall, so 4lbs on a petite person feels like a lot.

Old 07-09-2005, 04:32 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

TexasWildRose04 HB User

I have been on Adderall for a couple months now, I started taking it because my Pain Management Doctor perscribed it to help combat the sedation effects of the Narcotic Pain medications I am on.... I have started to have panic/anxiety attacks.. and some other problems so my PM Doc told me to stop the Adderall, she said I could just stop it all at once, no weaning needed, because she told me that generally there are no withdrawl effects with this drug... so far I haven't had any... and its been two days.....maybe my case is just different or I am lucky...

Good Luck to you...

TRose

Old 07-10-2005, 04:12 PM   #5
(female)

cruzshanna HB User

Thank you guys for your experiences. If anybody has any more that they could share, that would be great. I have been off mine for about three weeks and I still feel like I have no energy and I have definitly gained weight (I'm not overweight or very tall either, so I noticed it right away). I almost feel like going back on the medication, but I hate how I completely lose interest in sex. I was wondering if there are any other stimulant medications like ritalin or anything that are less likely to have sexual side effects. Any input would be great.

Closed Thread