It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2005, 07:40 AM   #1
(female)

ranesmom HB User
Concerta and Seroquel for ADHD children

Hi,
I'm new here and am wondering if anyone here has had experience with the drug Seroquel.

I have 2 children, ages 9 and 10, and they have serious problems dealing with each other effectively. My 10 year old daughter hates her 9 year old brother. They both have been diagnosed - my son with ADHD, and my daughter with ADD - and both take 72 mg Concerta each morning.
This is effective for them while they are in school and during the daytime, but mornings and nights (which is the only time I actually spend with them) are absolutely horrible and very often the arguing, fighting, complaining and yelling reduces me to tears by the time I get to work, nauseous and with a headache.

I have avoided medicating them further because I don't really like it in the first place, but after having taken them to counseling and trying various behavior type things at home, nothing else seems to work. Yesterday, our dr. gave them some samples of Seroquel. I went home and gave them each 2-25 mg pills at 5:30 as instructed. I have to admit that I did notice a difference in behavior last night and this morning. Additionally, they actually went to sleep when I put them to bed and didn't have problems with them getting up and down for 2 hours and me being frustrated and exhausted trying to get them to sleep.

I've done a bit of internet research on this drug and notice that there aren't any real certain finding for use of this drug on children. I wonder if anyone here has had experience - positive or negative - in using this drug on children.

Any feedback on my situation would be appreciated. Maybe even other ideas for siblings who can't get along at all..... Help.

Peace,
Kristine

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-17-2005, 01:25 PM   #2
(female)

Aussies mom HB User
Re: Concerta and Seroquel for ADHD children

Hi.... I am new to this website & have been surfing the Web all day to try & find out if I should add Seroquel to my son's daily medication regimen... He is currently taking 36mg of Concerta daily & today I was given a prescription for Seroquel. My 9 year old son has ADHD & ODD; he was recently taken out of his public school & placed in a 45 day diagnostic program to find out where he can progress in the school environment...

I wanted to reply to your post to see if you had any changes in your son while he was on these meds... I too have an 11 year old daughter;they fright from the time they see each other in the morning until the time they go to bed at night...

Please let me know what you have found with Seroquel....

Closed Thread