It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2005, 11:48 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

prettypeaches83 HB User
Does anyone know how to start an ADD support group?

I really want to talk to people in person about ADD..but there are no support groups in my area ....they are all far away and I just want to see if anyone else has tried to start one...I really need people to talk to..about it..it's tough..I'm just curious...please someone help.Thank you --Jess

Old 09-16-2005, 02:41 PM   #2
(female)

linkj57 HB User
Re: Does anyone know how to start an ADD support group?

What a coincidence. The group i'm starting has it's first meeting next month. There is no support group in my area and I wanted to be with people who understood. I found a group that also held support group meetings. Problem was they were 100 miles away. I told them I wanted to start a support group in my area. The help, advice and support they have given has been priceless. The best advice I got was "Build it and they will come".

Just go with your heart. You want to help people, they will see that and respond. Keep at it and don't give up.

I contacted ( removed ) to tell them I wanted to start one,but they still have not sent me anything. So I am starting a group anyway.

I picked a topic to talk about for the first meeting. I've put up flyers at libraries and colleges telling about it. Do I know how to start one? Not really.
Am I going to do it anyway? Yes. If I'm the only one who shows up, will I do it the next month? Absolutely.

I don't know if this helps but good luck.

Linda

Last edited by moderator2; 09-16-2005 at 04:10 PM. Reason: Members may not post anything about other message forums/chats/boards.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread