It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2005, 02:31 PM   #1
(female)

Easilyamused HB User
Ritalin and alcohol

Heyyyy I started taking ritalin back in may but I didn't really take it that much in the summer where I got drunk afew times.. now im in college and ive bee n drinking and taking my medication everyday. the woman i see on campus about it said it could interact and i realized that ive been getting drunk aLOT faster with the ritalin that I ever would've without . I had 1 night last week where I drnak so much and did all of these things I dont remember doing... i even threw a hairbrush at my roommate...now I cant even drink any alcohol without feeling sick and grossed out by it.

my question is, is it a big problem to take Ritalin and drink?? I started drinking after it should've wore off or at least started to wear off, but i heard it could have very bad side effects to mix the two.. should I limit myself to only 1 or 2 drinks?

Old 09-25-2005, 04:23 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

GLSheridan HB User
Re: Ritalin and alcohol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easilyamused
Heyyyy I started taking ritalin back in may but I didn't really take it that much in the summer where I got drunk afew times.. now im in college and ive bee n drinking and taking my medication everyday. the woman i see on campus about it said it could interact and i realized that ive been getting drunk aLOT faster with the ritalin that I ever would've without . I had 1 night last week where I drnak so much and did all of these things I dont remember doing... i even threw a hairbrush at my roommate...now I cant even drink any alcohol without feeling sick and grossed out by it.

my question is, is it a big problem to take Ritalin and drink?? I started drinking after it should've wore off or at least started to wear off, but i heard it could have very bad side effects to mix the two.. should I limit myself to only 1 or 2 drinks?

Well, it certainly isn't recommended to mix the two. You certainly should take precautions, if not avoid alcohol.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2005, 04:12 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

prettypeaches83 HB User
Re: Ritalin and alcohol

Yeah maybe not drink at all.....Is it that big of a deal?..I mean you could be risking your life.Do you really need alcohol to have a good time. You could even do some research yourself on line to see what could happen exactly if you mix the two.....if there is even a slight potential risk in mixing, why chance it? Common sense is key.Right?

Closed Thread