It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2006, 06:42 AM   #1
(female)

sweet_chic HB User
Adults and Ritalin??

Okay, I've heard all of the negative things about Ritalin for children, but what about Ritalin for adults?? Is it a little better for adults to take ritalin than for children??

I personally probably wouldn't medicate my own children with psychoactive drugs unless they ABSOLUTELY needed it (I'm talking emergency-wise). But, I just got diagnosed with mild ADD (inattention form) a few weeks ago, and just started taking 10mgs of Ritalin 3x a day.

The ritalin has been working wonders for me so far. I feel fine on it. I feel a little tired and mellow, but I have been able to get a lot of my college course work done, and when I read...I actually COMPREHEND now! lol

But...I'm still kind of leery about drugs in general. (I've never even ever smoked folks.) So, does Ritalin effect adults in the long run?? Or is it mainly children?? Does Ritalin have any negative effects for adults in the long run? All I ever hear about Ritalin is geared more towards children. What about ADULTS??

My doctor told me not to worry, and he has calmed some of my fears. However, I'd like to know from you everyday people on this board who have either taken Ritalin or know adults who have, and what your thoughts are.

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
ritalin dosage for adults djraven2sasha1 ADD / ADHD 4 11-17-2009 09:19 AM
Any adults on Vyvanse? hjjasnell ADD / ADHD 15 08-24-2007 08:52 PM
Concerta for adults? corinnehegwood ADD / ADHD 4 04-26-2006 08:28 PM
Any adults on Adderall XR out there? kmoonshine1 ADD / ADHD 23 07-25-2005 03:46 PM
How long does it take for ritalin to work, and did ritalin work for you, and why? Jess75 ADD / ADHD 19 04-27-2005 06:09 PM