It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2006, 06:02 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

pattihabs HB User
16 yr old just getting tested for adhd

hi everyon my son will be 16 in aug. he has always been extremely hyper and unable to sit. i talked with his ped about this when he was in 2nd grade. she said since he isan angle in school with god grades an no complaint from the teachers, that the problem is only at home that he is just plain ole' hyper . now he will soon be a junior in hs and his grades are still good c+to B+ average they are not as good as junior high. also his teachers says he takes awhile to catch on but once he does, he never forgets it. his math teacher has to let him out of class every day for about 10 min to walk around and settle down. the teacher says he has the highest grade in class and is the only 10th grader. most other students are 11, 12 and even some post grads. (he attends a private school because i felt the public hs was way to big for him. he never gets in trouble in school and plays 3 sports a year and also coaches youth ice hockey. i don't want to medicate him but he is sure he has adhd and many of his friends and teachers think i should have him tested. i don't see the benefit in this except it will give him an excuse for being lazy and getting worse grades. please give me some suggestions as this is all new to me. thank you, patti

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
possible learning disability or just ADHD? collegekid3 ADD / ADHD 12 12-12-2009 07:19 PM
Does my teenage son, just turned eighteen suffer from add lynn99 ADD / ADHD 2 01-07-2009 06:21 AM
Do you think I should look into getting tested? Caravan ADD / ADHD 1 03-06-2008 08:30 AM
how much does it cost to go private to get my child tested for adhd jackie6060 ADD / ADHD 0 02-09-2008 02:09 PM
HELP I HAVE AN 11 YEAR OLD JUST BEEN DIOGNOSED WITH add WITHMICHEL ADD / ADHD 7 12-01-2006 05:21 AM