It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2006, 10:51 PM   #1
(female)

Mstngfan HB User
So what is the difference...

Between ADD and ADHD? I have read some but I felt like getting a perspective from you guys who probably know a ton more than I do. And the shrink I saw today didnt seem too interested in chatting unfortunately. So Im about to start on Adderal XR 20 mg and he said because I fidget alot I have ADHD. After reading some online I figured I was more of an ADD without the hyperactivity type...but who knows I guess Id do have ADHD tendencies but one of my biggest issues is with lack of motivation and tons of procrastination. I kind of wish I was hyperactive! Maybe im just thinking of hyperactivity in terms of physical action instead of mental action. My mind is always running, I always seem to have to have something to think, analyze, or daydream about....

Anyways share!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2006, 05:13 AM   #2
(female)

Albury6872 HB User
Re: So what is the difference...

You sound ADD.
I have ADHD and I am on 60mg of Adderall.
I am always hypher and my mind never shuts off. I use to loose about 10 things a day and could never keep a daytimer, or a list of things to do...why bother when it's in your head!

Adderall has changed my life, I can find things now, and I even organized myself!

I still cannot find my way out of a paper bag (I have no sense of directions) but I do not get upset anymore... when I am lost and just hit my GPS systems "home button".

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2006, 04:03 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

New2ADD HB User

I agree on the ADD. You don't sound like ADHD to me. My wife is ADHD and there is a world of difference. Try the Adderall XR and see how you adjust. It took a couple of days for me to adjust to it (rapid pulse etc..) but after that I'm fine.

-J

Old 08-31-2006, 05:57 PM   #4
(female)

nickkaylee HB User

[QUOTE=So Im about to start on Adderal XR 20 mg and he said because I fidget alot I have ADHD.

Anyways share![/QUOTE]

You may or not not have the hyperactive part. My son has full blown ADHD. He can't sit still for 5 minutes. He fidget a LOT! He also has no motivation to do anything he should be doing but plenty to do what he wants to do lol. My daughter on the other hand has ADD. She gets a small dose of meds to help her concentrate but is not hyper in any way. She doesn't fidget or feel the need to get up or anything like that.

Old 08-31-2006, 09:17 PM   #5
(female)

Mstngfan HB User

I fidget all the time, bite and pick at my finger nails, toe nails...tap pens, bounce my knee up and down and have a hard time not doing those things especially when attention is called upon me to do so. The shrink said thats why he put ADHD because of the fidgeting. I guess all I can do is try the meds. Started on them this morning so Im anxious to see when I start noticing any kind of difference. They definately made me feel jittery this morning but about 3 hours after I took the pill I took a Vicodin because I just had some oral surgery Monday and still have alot of pain. I checked with the pharmacist to make sure that was ok. It seemed to level me out and I was pretty relaxed all day long.

Old 09-01-2006, 04:54 AM   #6
(female)

nickkaylee HB User

Okay, my son does all these types of things. He even used to bite the top of his shirt and has broken zippers on several coats this way lol. My daughter, the one with just ADD, doesn't do any of these things. It is like Nicholas HAS to be doing something though.

Closed Thread