It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2006, 08:49 AM   #1
(female)

karenb75 HB User
Adderall, Seroquil, and Clomidine?

My daughter has ADHD and was on Strattera for about a year. I never saw any improvement in her behavior or her grades. I kept telling her doctor this but he never changed her meds. Sooo, I found a new dr. who told me that Strattera is a waste of time and money. In my experience, this is true.
He put her on all three of the above mentioned meds and she was much better for a little while (few weeks). As soon as school started back, she got right back into the old routine of being defiant and not wanting to do her chores, not wanting to do homework. Should I ask the dr to up her doseage? Does anyone else take these meds together?
Also, she is supposed to take the Seroquel and Clomidine before bed but for a few days I have had her try taking it as soon as she gets home from school. No change. It's just so frustrating b/c she is a very intelligent and beautiful girl but her attitude and lack of motivation makes her ugly. KWIM?
I love my daughter with all my heart but there are times when I don't want her around me. I feel awful just saying that b/c I DO love her. I hope someone can relate.

Old 08-31-2006, 09:08 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

index.html HB User
Re: Adderall, Seroquil, and Clomidine?

Perhaps you could clarify for me. Is the main problem that you are having that she doesn't want to do her chores or homework?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2006, 09:21 AM   #3
(female)

karenb75 HB User

That is one problem, yes. But she is defiant also. She has trouble making friends b/c she acts much younger than she is. Her dr said he felt like she had bipolar disorder with depression also but he attributed that to the ADHD. That's where the seroquel comes in to play with the bipolar but it's only .1 mg. She goes back to see him on the 18th so I plan to let him know what's going on. I personally don't think she's bipolar and told him that but he's the dr. not me

Old 08-31-2006, 09:34 PM   #4
(female)

gotitbad HB User

I am 40 and diagnosis Bipolar I and ADHD for the past 8 years. I take Adderall XR 25mg, Zoloft 200mg (AM) and Lorazepam (same as Clonidine) .5mg, Seroquel 200mg, Lithium 600mg and Topomax 150mg (PM). It took several years, 3 doctors and 24 medications changes to get me stable and able to work and enjoy life. These are VERY TOUCH DISEASES!!!! They can cause death if not handled with a lot of support and patience by many loved ones and friends over long period of time. My advice to you is BE PATIENT, BE PERSISTANT WITH THE DOCTOR FOR ANSWERS AND SUPPORT, don't expect too much from your daughter until you find out exactly what's wrong and what she is capable of in her current state, GET OTHER OPINIONS, KEEP TALKING TO PEOPLE HERE WHO HAVE EXPERIENCED THIS ALREADY!!! Best of luck! In time and with love she will keep getting better and better, because in 2006 we have very good treatments for all of these issues.

Old 09-01-2006, 03:36 AM   #5
(female)

Albury6872 HB User

My son is ADHD , and we just switched him to Adderall, and he is doing great. We have to switch his meds. every 15 months or so...it seems like one will stop, and something else will work. The adderall so far has been the best.

Old 09-01-2006, 04:00 AM   #6
(female)

nickkaylee HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenb75
I love my daughter with all my heart but there are times when I don't want her around me. I feel awful just saying that b/c I DO love her. :
I totally know how you feel. My son is at a point where we are messing with his meds again and driving us all crazy! He comes from school and it seems that almost the whole rest of the night he is TRYING to bug us. He just laughs at you when you get mad. I know from experience that he can be such a great kid...but most of the time it's like he was meant to torment me and everyone in our household.

Old 09-01-2006, 05:34 AM   #7
(female)

karenb75 HB User

It's sad and breaks my heart that she may be bipolar. I hope not, I really do, b/c I don't want her to end up taking drug after drug after drug to get it right. Sometimes she can be an angel and be very helpful and loving then the switch gets flipped and it's like WWIII at my house. Whew!

Old 09-05-2006, 10:47 PM   #8
(female)

macandcheese HB User
Smile Re: Adderall, Seroquil, and Clomidine?

Just wondering is she in counsoling? Maybe a combination of meds and counsoling will be helpful. My son is newly diagnos ADHD (sorry I cant spell) and it is scary I myself don't know what to do. I just read your thread and was wondering.

Old 09-07-2006, 07:25 AM   #9
(female)

karenb75 HB User

not right now. She was in counseling for a while but I didn't see much of a difference so I took her out of it. Tried a couple of different counselors but to no avail.

Closed Thread