It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2007, 05:52 PM   #1
(female)

midleton123 HB User
What is STRONGER AND BETTER??- Focalin XR or Adderall XR ??

I was on ritalin LA- wore off

i was on concerta- 12 hour release- NEVER WORKED!

i was on adderall xr- 30mg, 60mg and UP!- i was getting immune to it

but i figure becausei wasnt get much sleep or none, wasnt hydrated or sleeping.

I stopped all meds for about 2 weeks. Im seeing the doctor tomorrow. I was just wondering if I should go back on the adderall xr and combine it with the regular adderall and ambien at night or a good sleeping medicine, plus drink lots of water. Or if I should go on the focalin xr. I mean the adderall xr when it worked did WONDERS! I completed all my goals for the day, mind you made a checklist ona clickboard and would do more than what i wanted. I felt Fantastic. It would just wear off after 5-7days and i would keep uping the dose until it just stopped workin.

Im currently eattin like a nut and weak as hell. plus very depressed. plus very lazy and cant concentrate for NADA!

what is the recommendation??

Old 03-07-2007, 05:45 PM   #2
(female)

georginia HB User
Re: What is STRONGER AND BETTER??- Focalin XR or Adderall XR ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by midleton123 View Post
I was on ritalin LA- wore off

i was on concerta- 12 hour release- NEVER WORKED!

i was on adderall xr- 30mg, 60mg and UP!- i was getting immune to it

but i figure becausei wasnt get much sleep or none, wasnt hydrated or sleeping.

I stopped all meds for about 2 weeks. Im seeing the doctor tomorrow. I was just wondering if I should go back on the adderall xr and combine it with the regular adderall and ambien at night or a good sleeping medicine, plus drink lots of water. Or if I should go on the focalin xr. I mean the adderall xr when it worked did WONDERS! I completed all my goals for the day, mind you made a checklist ona clickboard and would do more than what i wanted. I felt Fantastic. It would just wear off after 5-7days and i would keep uping the dose until it just stopped workin.

Im currently eattin like a nut and weak as hell. plus very depressed. plus very lazy and cant concentrate for NADA!

what is the recommendation??
I would look up the symtoms for bipolar disorder it sounds like you can have that or both.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-16-2007, 10:31 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

New2ADD HB User

Hard to say which is better. Focalin XR is a very potent med. Focalin is the purified part of methylphenidate (Ritalin) so it works much better with less side-effects than regular Ritalin. I've tried it and it was a great med, better than ******** (although not as long lasting) with less side-effects from rebound.
I prefer Adderall XR over Focalin XR but that is just me. [removed]

J

Last edited by mod-anon; 03-16-2007 at 10:53 PM. Reason: Do not post commercial websites. Please read and follow the posting rules.

Old 03-28-2007, 05:06 AM   #4
(male)

JAKE9364 HB User

I was being treated for bipolar disorder since 1999 and was on all types of medication, lithium worked best, but the shaking became too severe. So I changed doctors and he gave me Focalin XR, well after 2 days on this I broke out into a very severe rash on my neck and chest so he had me quit. Now he is supposed to put me on something else, still waiting for his call 6 days now! I read however that bipolar and add go hand and hand and that a medicine called Guanfacine is supposed to be very good for add and bipolar if taken along with another stimulant such as adderall or concerta, I will ask him about that. Let you know what he said.

Old 03-28-2007, 05:50 AM   #5
(female)

lostwanderer HB User

Can I ask what your dosage of Concerta was? I think I might be able to help.
Both my sons are on Concerta. But it works better when its combined with another type of med. However the dosage of concerta has to be right.

Closed Thread