It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2007, 05:12 AM   #1
(female)

hurricane81 HB User
How much is too much adderall?

Is 25mg am / 25mg lunch and 10mg late afternoon too much to take of regular (generic) adderall? This is for an adult - not a child. Thanks for your input

Old 04-26-2007, 11:37 AM   #2
(male)

toilofday HB User
Re: How much is too much adderall?

Well, i've been on both adderal and ritalin. 60mg per day is a rather high dose, and as long as your blood pressure and heart rate aren't affected to much you will be perfectly fine. It's also known that people build up an immunity to these stimulant type drugs, and your body will stop reacting to it as much after you use it for a while.

Honestly I'd say to never even take adderal or ritalin. It's to addictive, and once you start abusing it, it's realy hard to stop. I've burnt through that scrip in 2 weeks before, and have taken as much as 200mg in one day. So never abuse your medicine, and try to not use it unless you have to.

I'm hypocritical in this statement as I have a bottle of ritalin 20mg 3x a day non time release in front of me right now.

Try some of the herbal supliments and see if they are worth while. I'm new here but i'm sure there is ample information about them in the archives.

Last edited by toilofday; 04-26-2007 at 01:44 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2007, 09:24 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

deskette HB User

taking more than instructed can end up developing an abuse of it.... and once you begin to abuse it there are side effects you may not expect. talk to your doctor.

Old 05-02-2007, 10:52 AM   #4
(female)

scared1218 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane81 View Post
Is 25mg am / 25mg lunch and 10mg late afternoon too much to take of regular (generic) adderall? This is for an adult - not a child. Thanks for your input
For an adult that is fine. The highest dose you are allowed to take of generic adderol in one day s 60mg and you are allowed to take 40mg of Adderol XR

Old 08-11-2007, 10:51 AM   #5
(female)

desperate1 HB User

I'm in the 40 mg range and find it's increased my heart rate, so I would be nervous to go any higher. But everyone is right, it depends on the individual from what I've researched. I gage it by what the medication does to me both good and bad, and try to weight that against increasing. I'm taking less than my doctor even told me to, because I think you really have to decide as an individual--although I only mean that about taking less. I would NEVER take more than prescribed!

Old 08-23-2007, 10:59 PM   #6
(male)

reddragon001 HB User

I have heard that a sign of taking to much adderall is that you get tired and hungry has any body else heard this or know anything about it? i have also read that being hungry and tired on amphetamines is a sign of bipolar?
thanks for any input

Old 09-01-2007, 10:29 AM   #7
(female)

sirp HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane81 View Post
All of it!This medication(?) contains aspertame, 40% of which is aspartic acid....it causes the symptoms it's supposed to alleviate. There's no reason to put this chemical in any medication.
But obviously doing so makes drug companies a lot of money because of just what it does.
[removed]
I took this stuff for a short period of time. Because of the side affect I started researching the ingredients.
See my response under Adderall give me back my tears.

Last edited by mod-anon; 09-02-2007 at 01:51 AM. Reason: do not instruct members to do outside searches

Old 09-01-2007, 12:51 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

index.html HB User

Actually, no, Adderall does not contain aspartame. While I, too, am anti-aspatame, I have to say that you are incorrect on this one. See my response under "Adderall, give me back my tears".

Old 09-01-2007, 01:10 PM   #9
(female)

sirp HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by index.html View Post
Actually, no, Adderall does not contain aspartame. While I, too, am anti-aspatame, I have to say that you are incorrect on this one. See my response under "Adderall, give me back my tears".
I still have a bottle of it here yet & I can taste it. I had also pulled the insert from a bottle at work shortly after I started taking which also confirmed this ingredient...Amphetamine Aspartate.

Old 09-01-2007, 03:04 PM   #10
Inactive
(female)

mcr285 HB Usermcr285 HB User

back to the original question....

why are you taking adderall three times a day? have you considered just spacing your morning and afternoon doses a little more? one dose of adderall is supposed to last 6-8 hours. i take one around 7:30-8 in the morning and my second between 2:30-3 in the afternoon. it's a great routine for me because by the time it wears off, it's close to midnight and i don't have to think anymore!

Closed Thread