It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2007, 07:28 AM   #1
(male)

toottoot82 HB User
Adderall, give me back my tears!!!

Adderall - I am so lucky that I was open to taking it - wonderful!

Anyway, the only draw back is my dry-eye problem! I had lasik done a year ago, which I was having residual dry-eye problems with anyway, and the Addy is making is worse. I am using Restacis (can't remember how to spell it - forgive me) and it works slightly, but not extremely well.

Is there anything I can, short of putting an onion in my eye ;-), to make my eyes produce their own tears?? I am tired of looking stoned/hungover.

toot

Old 08-30-2007, 01:44 PM   #2
(female)

river525 HB User
Re: Adderall, give me back my tears!!!

ask your doctor and/or pharmacist - I think there is eye drops that lubricate dry eyes. And drink lots of water to keep your body hydrated - I take Adderall too and one of the side effects is dry mouth so maybe you are getting it a bit higher in the eyes

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2007, 09:56 AM   #3
(female)

sirp HB User

Adderall...isn't that the stuff that contains an aspertame-type chemical in it?
I tried this when they stopped manufacturing pemoline....I took it maybe 2 or 3 months...what a nasty taste it left in my mouth.
I recognized that taste immediately as something familiar but couldn't put a finger on what it was until I remembered a diet chocolate soda that was produced in the mid 80s.
I loved that stuff but had problems thinking after drinking it so stopped buying it. It contained Aspertame!
I will never ever take Adderall again...I need to be able to think, solve problems no matter how small they are, try to live as normal a life as possible which I can do again since finding a pharmacy that compounds pemoline for me.
Why on Earth would a drug manufacturer have to put this stuff in any medication is beyond me unless it's to make more money by producing a drug that causes the symptoms it's supposed to help with & the person taking it having to take more of it.
Pretty smart thinking on their part considering this medication is meant to be swallowed, not chewed!

Old 09-01-2007, 12:48 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

index.html HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirp View Post
Adderall...isn't that the stuff that contains an aspertame-type chemical in it?

Actually, no, Adderall does not contain aspartame. The fact that you see "aspartate" as part of a chemical compound does NOT mean that it is, in any way, related to aspartame.

ADDERALL XR contains the neutral sulfate salts of dextroamphetamine and amphetamine, with the dextro isomer of amphetamine saccharate and d,l-amphetamine aspartate monohydrate.

Last edited by index.html; 09-01-2007 at 12:49 PM. Reason: typo

Closed Thread