It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2008, 07:25 PM   #1
(male)

cme12299 HB User
Does adderall cause swelling in the prostate>?

I have been on Adderall for a little while now and have seemed to maintain a balance with the dosage and all. I know the frequent urination part of adderall because it is a diuretic, this seems to have subsided to a small degree since I have began my medication.

One thing that hasn't really gone away is a slight swelling of the prostate. Not painful or anything, just rather uncomfortable at times. Could Dehydration from not drinking enough fluids to replace be playing a part in this? I did not have the problem before the adderall so I know it is related in some way. I just want to know if I can manage this side-effect and continue with my medication.

Old 03-08-2008, 02:32 PM   #2
(male)

houtex54 HB User
Re: Does adderall cause swelling in the prostate>?

I could not find any listing of frequent urination among the lists of side-effects. I do not find any credible sources that refer to any diuretic property of Adderall, either.

Is is possible that the prostate swelling and frequent urination are both symptoms of BPH or some other prostate disorder and not related to adderall use?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-27-2008, 12:21 AM   #3
(male)

cme12299 HB User
Re: Does adderall cause swelling in the prostate>?

No, the symptoms were not present before the adderall. One thing I have noticed is that these symptoms were DRAMATICALLY reduced by the switching to XR. I did get the generic form of the adderall ir and I may have just ended up with a dirty form of the amphetamine salts (I purchased it from walmart). I still take the ir once or twice a week to compliment the XR on my extended days. Again it is a symptom that I only know to happen on the ir. The frequent urination and all has decreased as well.

Closed Thread