It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2008, 05:16 PM   #1
(female)

castam HB User
What Is the lowest Dose of Adderall

age 18 female just diagnosed - adderall - 4 tabs at 10 mg once a day, then 15 mg for 4 days...and then 10 for balance of month...we are confused if we are to stop with the dose that works...she has only had 3 days at 10mg and is upset feeling no different...pls adv if the actual dose is meant to be the 20 mg and that is what we are waiting to see how she does? tks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-22-2008, 08:34 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: What Is the lowest Dose of Adderall

Not quite sure what you are asking.

The "right" dose varies from person to person, and it's best to take the lowest dose that works. Some people find 10 is enough, some need more.

Does that answer your question?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-22-2008, 09:08 AM   #3
(female)

castam HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by janewhite1 View Post
Not quite sure what you are asking.

The "right" dose varies from person to person, and it's best to take the lowest dose that works. Some people find 10 is enough, some need more.

Does that answer your question?
I understand that right dose varies person to person. My dilema is my teenager has only 4 days on 10- mg and then 4 on 15 mg...and 20 prescribed for the balance 20 days of the month. does this mean the doctor is weaning her into a 20 day trial of how she manages on 20 mg? becasue how can she tell if the 10 or 15 mg are working if she only has a trial period of 4 days each? does the drug have to be in the system for a while to work or is it immediate?? tks

Old 03-22-2008, 09:17 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

Generally, you can tell within 2 hours how well it's going to work, sometimes within 30 minutes. Antidepressants you have to build up a dose, but this starts quick and wears off within a day at most.

If 10 does nothing, try the higher dose. If 15 works, the dr probably wants you to stop there.

Be alert for side effects such as difficulty sleeping, loss of appetite, and feeling "wired" like you've had too much coffee. Sometimes side effects get better after you've been taking it a while. Keep in touch with the doctor during the trial.

Old 03-24-2008, 07:04 PM   #5
(female)

Lizzie62 HB User

That doesn't make sense. How do you start on a one dose go to a higher dose for no reason and then go to lower than the original? That can't possibly do any good.

"Life is Beautiful" Sixx:AM

Closed Thread